MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

I agree and have always thought along those lines. RG was too quick to volunteer ''it’s all on tape" when Heymer arrived. That’s a strange thing to say spontaneously when the equipment had very recently been installed facing out on the drive/patio area.

RG’s actions don’t add up to me. Clearly Michael was beaten to a pulp and had been rendered unconscious several times. So why did RG seemingly ignore the dire state LK was in? Logically he would have rushed to help her since Michael was completely incapacitated. It’s always struck me as odd, unless RG was in such a rage, his goal was to kill Michael above everything else. Also peculiar is LK, “shot in the heart, bleeding out”, yelling to RG, “don’t kill him” per testimony. None of their stories make sense to me at all and I’ve honestly tried to set aside my feelings to analyze what has been presented. It doesn’t fit.

39 Likes

Well, that’s water under the bridge since MB was found NGRI isn’t it?

Civil court is a new ballgame and MB’s legal team will not be as hobbled as they were in the criminal court, where LK and family were rather off limits as they were considered witnesses.

The gloves are off at this point. LK and family will enjoy no such protection from questioning now, if they decide that they really want to proceed with this money grubbing litigation.

14 Likes

I suspect even if she drops her case, one or both cases against her will proceed.

FTB cuts both ways.

After all, unless her behaviour is completely revealed USEF will continue to pretend she isn’t violating their code of conduct and toss her.

When does my subpoena turn up? How about USEF sending me a nastygram since they are monitoring these threads and have all of our identities? /s

21 Likes

Step kids are not part of a family?

5 Likes

Since I do not pay attention to those types of things I have no idea what the Jenner thing is, but I can say that my Step-father would tell anyone and everyone that kids are kids are kids. He treated us like we were his from day one.

Sure wish we would get an update on the civil case.
Actually, selfishly, I wish that Bruce would file something else that looked like it was written by a third grader who ate a whole bag of peanut butter cups (too much on a sugar high to make a complete thought) so the other amazing lawyers would file a response. They are so fun to read.

11 Likes

Just checked the docket. Still no new filings since 9/16.

Interestingly, the first time I tried to look at it this morning, I got this:

I wonder what the “maximum number of concurrent users” is, and who else was trying to look at it this early in the morning. :thinking:

15 Likes

If oral arguments were denied, does that mean the judge just sits in a room, reads the motions and signs yes or no? He does have 12 cases on his list for today (was 28, several motions withdrawn, others I guess rescheduled?)

2 Likes

Judges have plenty of time to do just that.

Long lunches and entire afternoons in chambers is normal. 12 cases is nothing. Our calendars could have 60 civil cases even more in a no fault courtroom, over 100. Landlord Tenant we’d have 30 to 50 cases and be done before lunch.

Most cases in that court were probably withdrawn, dismissed, adjourned or settled.

11 Likes

Where are you seeing the judge’s schedule? I’ve hunted around on the NJ court web site and haven’t run across that yet.

StB.YM provided it upthread. Go to motion calendar, put in the venue (Morris), today’s date, and select judge Sceusi.

https://portalcivsearch-cloud.njcourts.gov/prweb/PRServletPublicAuth/app/CIVCaseMgt/uoQwtbB8g8Qb57vj6yfidBDhxX-dskXV*/!STANDARD?AppName=CIVSearch

3 Likes

I think my eyes would glaze over trying to wade through all that.

Does the judge just look at the current motions? Or do they sometimes look into the back history to refresh their memory?

2 Likes

Depends on judge. Many have fantastic memories of cases and remember stuff and details which leave me in awe. Others don’t.

On big cases they refresh memories. A lot of what’s in motions is routine stuff. We’d get motions so big they could easily be as thick as one or two reams of paper. You learn to know where the important stuff is. Often exhibits are just recreations of previously submitted papers. But thinhs like the affidavit of service should always be checked.

5 Likes

And yet the police department are heros. :thinking:

Eta I would argue, had the PD done their job after any one of the 911 calls or his visit to the police barracks, the altercation would not have taken place and she and MB wouldn’t have been injured.

21 Likes

I think being a police officer is a hard, thankless, dangerous and underpaid role, and most do a really good job, but this lot really dropped the ball - on multiple occasions.

26 Likes

Same. And if I was the victim, and I wasn’t seeing justice, and there wasn’t any evidence collected to help me to that end… I would be livid.

15 Likes

Do you think that this LE department was just unfamiliar with this sort of “crime”?

They seemed to have all the “experts” that came to the scene and testified in court, but they really, really badly dropped the ball.

I don’t know what sort of crimes happen in that county or of what nature. Maybe they just saw it as a cut and dried case, so not much effort needed. (Oh, and it was raining.)

5 Likes

No. At the very least they got lazy. I think it was worse.

10 Likes

With as many as was testified that showed up to the scene, you’d think the scene would’ve been processed better. Seems like they were all standing around while 1-2 were working.

14 Likes

I have a hard time imagining that even two were actually working.

7 Likes

or the others milling about were contaminating the scene???

9 Likes