MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

I have some amazing reading glasses and will gladly share with you, but I do not think that even a good pair of reading glasses will help that post make any sense.

9 Likes

Nope. It’s whatever parties are ready to go.

3 Likes

Darn. Thanks anyways.

2 Likes

So she’s unhappy, frightened for her life but arranging to have another horse shipped there instead of GETTING OUT.

Yeah. Sure.

This will be very interesting to the jury (juries?) seated for the civil cases.

38 Likes

I’d say he flat out lied. He’d been working with ST on an exit plan for LK for about a week (if my memory serves). So, yeah, he lied.

24 Likes

JK is lawyer, yes? @FitzE is a lawyer, yes?

My understanding is that lawyers especially adept at “semantics” and “rhetoric” use those tools as weapons to win cases or win arguments.

@ekat has been using “semantics” to pretend she disagrees with my interpretation of the verdict for weeks. Lawyers gotta do what lawyers do.

IANAL.

How was it sarcasm when he was pretending all along to not be one of the Kanareks?

27 Likes

Clearly.

34 Likes

Thanks for letting me know you think I’m only pretending to disagree with you. I’ll be more clear going forward.

30 Likes

Did he ever say, sarcastically, “Of course I’m JK /s”? Not that I saw. Please provide the screenshot if you think he did.

How has he “pretended … to not be one of the Kanareks?”

He has declined to drop his anonymity.

Finally, a clear endorsement from @Ekat!

That would be great, @Ekat.

Down in my neck of the woods on motions day everyone who had a motion scheduled to be heard would gather in the courtroom at one time, the judge or his clerk would call out each case and ask both lawyers how long they needed. Then the short easy motions would be heard first, and the more complicated ones that needed more time would be heard after. Oh, and one particular judge really hated petty discovery disputes and would hear those last after telling the parties to go out and try to settle it among themselves in the meantime. Sitting around the courthouse all day until 3 or 4 in the afternoon to get your motion heard is not the most productive use of your day :smile:

15 Likes

Well, they are on the calendar for today… fingers crossed we get some more info later.

26 Likes

It looks like only one of the motions scheduled for Sceusi today will have oral arguments. Doesn’t that mean that His Honor simply reads the motions, etc., and issues his decision? So attorneys don’t even bother going to the courthouse in those situations - correct?

Edited to add that I would pay good money to hear oral arguments between Deininger/Silver versus Nagle. :laughing:

4 Likes

What does PG hearing mean?

1 Like

Pending I think is how that court uses it

4 Likes

PG is an abbreviation for pending? Oh court people are weird.

4 Likes

It’s like a fun game of “find the contradiction”

31 Likes

Friday, September 23, 1st day of Fall and at least 1/3 of the posts are dominated by, you guessed it, the resident pot stirrer. IGNORE please.

19 Likes