MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

Wouldn’t surprise me if this contraption was an RG creation! Wasn’t he the one who made the ultra safe shoulder contraption for LK to wear? (Please note the sarcasm, especially for the more obtuse posters!)

Maybe he is secretly trying to do LK in, consciously or unconsciously!

Huh, that could explain a couple things!

4 Likes

I think a lot of people might be disappointed to see what some “high level” trainers use and do.

22 Likes

You’d be surprised…

8 Likes

If this is an RG contraption and a BNT allowed it, shame on them!

Can someone versed in the German ways please explain to me how this method is teaching LK quiet hands, deep seat, straight torso rather than dropping the inside shoulder and twisting, and not hanging on the bit?

3 Likes

Yeah, look at RollKur!

6 Likes

I guess for some people “results” are more important than means.

3 Likes

I have been corrected this mare is not young and was showing well in Europe before being sold. Makes this even more sad.

17 Likes

My experience with side reins is that they run through or connected to the bit rings, thus working off the horse’s mouth. This thing, going over the nose seems that it would act more like a hackamore, with direct pressure on the nose. Would it perhaps be a way to have the horse contained in a frame without impacting the bit itself? Allow the rider to keep a lighter contact rather than hauling on the face of a strong horse? (ie separating rider aids from the action of the device?) Knowing who the trainer is, I’d wager that this was his idea. I can’t imagine a lower level rider dreaming this up and then showing up wearing it to ride with a BNT. It does look restrictive for sure,and this is not a relaxed horse…

8 Likes

That’s disappointing. I come at Dressage from an Eventing background, and have ridden through 2nd level and schooled some higher movements on nice horses… but I am by no means any expert.

With that said… I’ve been lucky to ride with a few great clinicians and coaches. Including a USDF gold medalist. And I’ve ridden with some great upper level Eventing people, and a Grand Prix show jumper.

None of the people I have ever ridden with would endorse a gadget like this. NONE. Especially when working with a horse and rider combo that look to be somewhere between Training and 1st level (f I’m generous) from the video.

7 Likes

Interesting. Thanks for the explanation.

Honestly though… if this is the case… she’s over-horsed. This isn’t complicated.

8 Likes

There are horse people like this everywhere and I can not for the life of me understand it. I can think of a handful in my area alone! There are people who post they got XYZ score when they didn’t and you can easily check, people who post they won XYZ class or division when they didn’t. People who post it’s their horses first show/event when you can see through social media the horse has been showing for years.

It’s truly bizarre.

12 Likes

In the video she also seems to be very stiff. Her body moves as a block

6 Likes

My hunch is that the mare spooked or fussed a little at the horses playing in turnout, and the student freaked out. Coach trotted out this device so that the rider could get around. He empathizes how nice it is now that rider is relaxed, and horse is listening to her. He also tells her to pet the mare, which she ignores. Commentator (RG?) seems to think the horses in turnout are maniacs. These people need to get out more.

11 Likes

God help her if this horse loses it someday with that thing on - the horse will go straight up and over with the rider not having any way to release the thing.

10 Likes

Oh heck! I am a western rider and my horses will NEVER experience anything like this.

All I can say is there is a right way and a wrong way, and if your horse looks that unhappy you chose the wrong way!

7 Likes

It appears that when this is your theory of life, it applies to everything.

4 Likes

Had one of these types at my last barn, totally weird! As if Equi-score and Rimondo don’t exist…

3 Likes

Can I get an AMEN???

5 Likes

THIS!!!

I am thinking the exact same thing. Especially with the horses bombing around in the turnout next to her. And the fact that the horse seems tense.

I’m pretty cautious even when lungeing in side reins, as things can get dangerous VERY fast if a horse gets frisky and then panics.

6 Likes

Oh my. Can you say “Delusions of Grandeur”? :roll_eyes:

23 Likes