MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

That testimony was so unclear and disjointed, my eyes (ears? brain?) glazed over.

Actually, all her testimony was the same. The confusion, the backtracking, the changing stories, the deliberate obfuscation, etc. - I don’t know how Bilinkas kept his cool.

14 Likes

Ok question time.

I understand that getting LK out of the house was POSSIBLE through legal channels, but her having established tenancy would have made that complicated.

Would those same “tenant” laws apply to the horses? Or could he have just said “you have 24 hours to get your horses off my property”? Or 30 days, if he was feeling kind?

Of course this is all coulda woulda shoulda - but I’m just curious.

2 Likes

If he did indeed make it into the Marines, he’d hardly be unfamiliar with firearms, as somewhere above it is stated he said at the trial.

10 Likes

Yes. He had plenty to evict her for weeks before the CPS arrived and yet did not, he was not making good decisions for a while.

2 Likes

Well, yes.

As it turned out, MHG’s life got turned upside down, so it seems safe to guess that there was a similar effect on the lives of her kids at the time.

9 Likes

I believe one of our Legal Eagles mentioned some time back that NC tenancy laws do not apply to livestock. So yes, he could probably have evicted the horses.

But he may at that point have been concerned that she would take even more drastic retaliatory measures against him.

6 Likes

Same!

Poor Rosie.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d evict the horses and immediately build a perimeter around the house. “You are allowed inside that perimeter, and that is the only thing you’re entitled to. Any sight of you outside of the perimeter will result in calling the police.”

The game wouldn’t have been as fun if the horses weren’t involved, which invited LK to invade a shared space.

Again, coulda/woulda/shoulda.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it seems like that would have been a pretty hollow threat by that time, based on the lack of help he had gotten from previous calls to the police.

11 Likes

Indeed, I agree. Plus the visual - small woman v big man. That plays into the perception, whether it should or not.

2 Likes

That is the K’s defense - that because MB had a history of depression and was a domestic violence survivor, that they never should have entered into a business deal or any type of rental agreement. How dumb is that? Have you ever filed out an application for any type of rental that asked if you have a history of depression? Have you ever entered a business arrangement where someone asked if you had a history of domestic violence or depression? It’s illegal to discriminate against people. MB was a successful business person and SGF had no reason not to enter into any type of business or rental agreement. Unlike RG and LK, MB did not have a criminal record or a history of drug abuse, etc.

Sorry, none of this makes sense. According to you, RG never made it through basic training (which has never been verified) but was so skilled he stopped an “active shooter” (might want to look up the definition of that one) and was able to subdue MB using known USMC martial art skills but was not enough of a Marine to press record on a recording device bought at, what, Lowes? Home Depot? For the average lay person?

Yea. Jury isn’t going to buy it. Much like they didn’t buy a single thing RG said in the criminal trial and MB was Not Guilty on every charge related to RG.

28 Likes

I honestly think the comments on the strange gadget were more of a “take down” of the trainer than the rider. Also, LK manages public “take downs” ALL. THE. TIME. Even regarding people she doesn’t know, so sorry, not feeling especially sorry for her. But the POINT of the entire conversation surrounds the fact that she implied on 48 Hours and elsewhere, that she had onlly recently started riding again. Her civil suit is predicated on the fact that she lost the ability to ride as she had previously. We know for fact that she was riding relatively quickly after her recovery from the shooting. And now she’s bragging all over SM that she’s riding at PSG and GP at home and 5-6 horses a day. That kinda puts the lie to her BS about losing her riding abilities and only starting up riding again recently, doesn’t it?

22 Likes

To my understanding, horses do not have tenant’s rights. He could have tied them a telephone pole and been within his legal right. However, he was gracious enough to still care for her horses and LK should thank him for that.

There is also the debate on whether or not tenants rights applies in this situation or if they could possibly be viewed as guests. For example, your mother in law comes to visit for a month but that doesn’t make them tenants, they are still guests.

8 Likes

Unfortunately the police in that jurisdiction has already demonstrated a profound lack of interest in helping MB.

16 Likes

Jinx. :laughing:

1 Like

Where’s the PROOF?

8 Likes

Eh, with laws that nearly always favor the tenants, I’d put my money on them seeing her as a tenant.

Squatter, but still a tenant.

Coulda/woulda/shoulda - a clear delineation of the house at the front of the property and the barns at the back of the property would have given everyone some breathing room to get the eviction underway, which the K-Klan would have certainly made as long and as arduous as possible, not to mention the intentional property damage to the house. Moving the horses and all LK’s equipment out of the barns would have accomplished that line, and telling her “take me to small claims for any board you think you’re prorated back” (or just pay her, 5k is small in the grand scheme of things).

1 Like

He thought his life was in danger as well as MHGs life and the kids, and was worried the kids would be taken away. I’m sure there was lots he wanted to do but was extremely fearful of actually doing it.

11 Likes

Due to repeated unprovable BS, another denier/deflector has hit the Ignore jackpot!!

15 Likes

An assassin? I feel like I missed something.

8 Likes