MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

No. I’m not assuming it. I think I said “If he accepted and cashed a check …”.

If I didn’t specify the “If”, I meant to. I do not know for a fact whether MB accepted payment for Aug board or not.

This ^ times 100.
My OTTB gelding came off the track, had been injured and thrown into a pasture for a year. I bought him and started from scratch. I had my saddle fitter come immediately. There was an 11 degree difference in his shoulder angles.

I spent 4 months teaching him about lunging and side reins and how to move through his back into contact. I usually spent 25 minutes on the lunge, doing lots of transitions. I started with loose side reins, slowly shortening them incrementally during the process as he warmed up and accepted contact. I “talked” with him through the lunge line hand, softly squeezing and releasing periodically. Then I would ride for another 25 minutes.

Saddle fitter came back after 4 months. His back muscles had developed beautifully, and the difference in his shoulder angles was 2 degrees. He said he had never seen such a huge improvement in such a short amount of time.

Correct lunging can definitely be a game changer.

Sorry. End of sidebar.

8 Likes

I beg to differ.

If he was the one writing the checks for all the horse related bills, he could have told her, “I am not paying any more board or rent at MB’s facility, since clearly they want you out of there. The lawyers have arranged for stalls at X facility, and starting on August 1st, that is where I will pay the board bills. Nowhere else.”

Unless she was going to get a job at McDonald’s to pay the board bills herself, which seems extremely unlikely, she would have had to relocate the horses and herself, and thus could have avoided the whole chain of events that occurred after August 1st.

19 Likes

They didn’t. They said that what happened next “was unclear”.

13 Likes

I think she is spiteful enough to have stayed put and put her plan into action regardless. Plus who knows if she has an online side hustle and has earnings stashed away somewhere that he doesn’t know about?

She is an adult. He can’t muzzle her. At 41 I think she is unlikely to improve much, if at all.

But it sure would have been nice if he had said something a lot like that. Preferably two decades earlier and then followed through with it.

5 Likes

Yep! Barns have a lot of overhead and they need the cash flow. You pay IN ADVANCE. Those who are presently without equine company may not be aware of that fact.

9 Likes

Yes, indeed.

Instead he aided and abetted her.

8 Likes

Daddy likes Venmo

4 Likes

Doesn’t seem he told her to knock it off… looks like he supported the behavior and backed her behavior and situation - as did her mother by transcribing the tapes… I find this extraordinary.

11 Likes

Why does anyone care whether August 2019 board was paid? Is that what the lawsuit is about? Do they want a refund if they paid it? By the way, hopefully they did pay that board because those damn horses were there well into September!!! Who paid for the grain, shavings, hay, stall picking/stripping until she finally packed up and left? Huh???

These jokers will do anything to attempt to defend the predators or to deflect from the behavior of these despicable people!

Please put these two posters on ignore. Enough of the repetitious posts yammering on and on about irrelevant [things].

29 Likes

What are the odds the board bill was settled properly for the date the horses actually left?

I’m guessing slim to none.

12 Likes

agree, but if he has control of her $$$ how could a parent allow this behavior? If a sibling of mine behaved this way I would call them on the carpet - my parents would certainly have a lot to say! so no, I think the apple and tree, and one reaps what one sows…

10 Likes

Remember….Michael could have LK/JK’s money or his girlfriend, but not both. He was supposed to choose.

14 Likes

DITTO!!! 100%. unacceptable behavior. in any situation. totally unacceptable!

4 Likes

Because, as has been said repeatedly, this family is all alike!

8 Likes

Not if MB was his own contractor.

If you’re trying to make it clear to someone that they are not welcome to board at your facility, you don’t accept their board payment. Accepting payment suggests agreeing to accept their horses for board.

It’s just a little extra evidence, if he cashed the check or accepted payment, that perhaps he had not asked her to leave prior to Aug 1.

She had been asked.

11 Likes

When did the topic change from the trial to CH?

1 Like

They new with absolute certainty MB wanted them gone - irrespective of the date they received an eviction notice. They certainly listened to enough illegally recorded conversation to discern as much.

31 Likes