MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

But the message I got said, “But, unlike others, my family’s money hasn’t been touched by me for 20 years.” So clearly JK is paying for her stuff using her own money, duh.

12 Likes

No doubt she was telling the truth, right? :thinking:

8 Likes

Well, since his dad passed away several years ago, I think USEF can be pretty confident that it’s not an issue.

27 Likes

But didn’t she try to bite RC when she went to put a notice on the door?
So, in theory it would be possible that Rosie bit MB, he fired because of that, chaos ensued.
Or since RG was attacking MB she joined in, assuming the theory LK/RG started the altercation.
Or you’re correct.
ETA: or several other theories I’m not awake to think of.

12 Likes

That’s a fair point. I guess you’re not supposed to ride with a banned trainer but you’re absolutely right there’s no real way to enforce it.

1 Like

Obviously! She only lies sometimes :joy:

I guess all this will come out at the civil trial, because to earn loss of income one has to show they have income and how they are unable to do whatever that income producing thing anymore.

12 Likes

If I remember testimony right….one officer testified that RG was chasing the dog around the area where the police car was. I’ll have to go look back at that testimony, but I seem to recall the officers being very uncomfortable around that section….

Just as uncomfortable as the FM was about having let LK/RG stay in a condemned house.

18 Likes

As did I. And we all know posts were deleted and/or edited.

11 Likes

Well, you know, “the family that preys together”.

13 Likes

I remember that. I don’t remember anyone testifying they put it there….but I do remember they were very uncomfortable about that testimony. I wonder what else was in the area around where RG was running around. The officer that mentioned it made it sound like no one was really paying attention to him.

It also kind of contradicts the first arriving officer that said RG just picked up the dog and put it in the house.

14 Likes

At one time I had four posters on ignore, but subsequently took three of the off ignore, including you, @trubandloki .

I did not say the board payment being cashed, if it was, was “the end all of proof” that Lauren had no clue she was not wanted there, nor did I say that “Lauren had no clue that she was not wanted there”. Do you want me to repeat for you what I actually said?

I would love to go back to ignoring your posts, but what you’re posting are straw man distortions of my posts. I may ignore your distortions, I may not. But if you want me to respond less, refraining from your making me into a straw man would increase your chances of my putting you on automatic ignore.

1 Like

LK was refusing to leave, to the point that lawyers were employed and other places that met her approval were sought as a place to go (who does that??!!). She was supposed to leave soon, per the negotiations (who does that??!!). One might have hoped it would be in that same month. By would it? Who could know?

If her board was paid for the month of August, any wise farm owner would keep that payment to cover care until she finally left.

In fact most barns require 30 days and take board for those thirty days, even if you leave before that 30th day,… so…
I’m not sure her defenders have a leg to stand on there.

28 Likes

I did not hear any testimony that RG was chasing the dog “around the area where the police car was”.

One of the officers testified to finding the second magazine of ammo in MBs pocket, and that one of the officers put the magazine in the police car.

30 days notice doesn’t apply when someone is booted out though. If you boot someone out September 15 you don’t get to ask them for October board LOL.

This is not an argument for either side.

2 Likes

How do you know it was newly loaded?

21 Likes

Only two shell casings were going. MB was found NG for attempted murder of RG. There was evidence a bullet had gone through the house. If could be said 2 or 3. Having picked up shell casings before, I have no problem with you believing there were 3. I tend to believe that myself just didn’t want to start a useless argument over whether or not the shell casing was not found or the shot was not fired.

Not when I checked it about an hour ago.

4 Likes

It entirely depends on what the BO has written and established in their boarding contract. Not every barn has the same clause. Every barn can be different and there is no black and white, right or wrong situation in business.

If someone leaves on the second of the month, even if “booted,” most commonly they are expected to pay the full month’s board. The facility has already budgeted costs of care for that month for the horse. 99.9 percent of BOs do no buy supplies by the day, they buy it in advance.

Some barn owners and training packages even have penalties for breaking contracts. It entirely depends on the original boarding agreement.

The whole conversation about paying board was initiated on CH’s assumption that August board was even paid by LK. CH is making a baseless assumption in attempts to derail the thread. Whether or not August board was paid for really does not matter. If we are splitting hairs, MB would have been completely justified accepting board since horses did not leave until at least September.

I don’t see a point in going back and forth about board when we don’t even know for fact what money was actually exchanged. We don’t know what work/services were exchanged by RG either.

18 Likes

Yes the remainder of the month but they wouldn’t be expected to pay the next month a la 30 days notice.

I agree it does depend on the contract, but I have personally never seen one that retains the board for the month following your booted outness. I’m aware of how boarding works with costs etc, I have had boarders for a long time.