MB Civil Trial: JK/KK Contempt of Court?

The jury determined that he was delusional when he shot her. Whatever danger he thought he was in due to the delusions was not the sort of danger that makes it self defense. Whatever danger was posed by her inflammatory FB posts, he should have dealt with by evicting her and/or getting a restraining order, if he had not been delusional.

1 Like

If the jury had considered a remotely credible explanation of the shooting, it would have gone back straight NG on all four counts.

There was sufficient evidence that the jury rejected that possibility.

Even if the jury in the civil trial accepted that explanation, he’d still be responsible for her being shot accidentally, since he brought the loaded gun.

1 Like

Do you operate a boarding barn?

Whatever, what a wonderful word.

Whatever is going on Lauren Kanarek should be able to show up for a deposition in person for the civil case she chose to file. Because for whatever reason, Covid is not a worry when going to parties in NYC, riding her horse and hanging at the barn, meeting a whole bunch of new people at a new facility and the whole crew that shot her 48 hours segment. It is only a concern when heading to a deposition. So very whatever.

Whatever is happening Jonathan Kanarek (@Inigo-montoya) should be able to respond to a subpoena requesting information in the civil case that was filed by his daughter, Lauren Kanarek. Being a lawyer he should either know the rules or have easy access to someone who knows the rules so whatever made him think ignoring the subpoena was an OK response and then lying about it being ignored on this very forum so whatever the consequences for those actions he should not be surprised.
I was assume that for whatever reason Kirby Kanarek (@Seeker1) listened to the poor legal advice from her husband and also ignored the subpoena in the civil case regarding the transcripts that she stated more than once on this very forum that she made and is now refusing to provide in the civil case filed by their daughter Lauren Kanarek. Whatever could their believable explanation for that be since they very recently bragged online about handing over those very same transcripts to multiple different parties.

For reasons unknown to us, the Kanarek family has a long history of criminal charges but to them it is just a whatever, like somehow that is a normal thing.

28 Likes

The court filing says “upon information and belief …”

With respect to KK and LK, both have admitted their screen names in court documents and both screen names have been confirmed by COTH.

The court documents did not say that COTH had confirmed IM as JK.

Thank you for confirming!

What insider information would Mark Silver have as to the identity of IM?

If he knew for a fact that IM was JK, he would not have used “by information snd belief”.

I thought that was standard lawyer talk, but I’m most definitely not a lawyer. Not even on TV :pensive:

4 Likes

@ekat, is this just a case of careful legal tip toeing?

1 Like

Yes. COTH had verified LK’s and Seeker1’s identity because they had outed themselves. COTH had not verified IM’s identity.

The law firm even had the legalese to squirm out of it if they turned out to be wrong.

Perhaps you should read again for comprehension.

2 Likes

Does that mean you agree that your statement above says that you are OK with the police and the prosecution only collecting evidence to support their theory on what happened and ignoring any evidence that might show something else happened?

It appears that the moderation staff here on COTH is happy enough with that legal document outing @Inigo-montoya as Jonathan Kanarek, because I have no doubt you and some others have reported every post where it has been said and they have not edited it out.

22 Likes

IM had a lot to say……

Are you also trying to say that you know IM is not JK? You’re the one who thinks he is so credible.

16 Likes

Why is the Elderly Illegal Mob, illegal? Just curious.

10 Likes

It is standard lawyer talk.

If you know something for a fact, you state the fact and perhaps the basis in fact, for example that KK acknowledged herself that she was Seeker1 and that COTH confirmed the identity via subpoena.

If you believe IM is JK but do not know it for a fact, you say “by information and belief …” because the lawyer would otherwise get into trouble if it turned out IM was not JK.

Mark Silver, reading the Coth posts by IM, would say IM is JK “by information and belief” just based on the discussion in COTH.

He had no confirming information, either from JK or from COTH.

I found it very curious that Coth had confirmed the identities of Seeker and LaLaPop Rider by subpoena, but not that of IM.

Perhaps Coth is willing to confirm if the user has dropped anonymity, but not willing to confirm those who have not dropped anonymity.

Of course if one lawyer can subpoena Coth for user identities, the other lawyers can, too.

1 Like

My my……why are we suddenly so interested in IM not being a credible source of information? I mean, haven’t we heard so much about he knew EVERYTHING about this case? I mean, take the win, finally got something about the case right….

26 Likes

The “ah” you are adding is actually a mid-Atlantic accent. It is more like “pok ya ca”.

5 Likes

“Of course if one lawyer can subpoena Coth for user identities, the other lawyers can, too.”

No! Really? I never would have thought so! /s

points and laughs

20 Likes

I mean….I guess that would be a fishing expedition that could be easily quashed….

11 Likes

And people make fun of southern accents… :laughing:

5 Likes

Obviously you are free to speculate that IM is JK. It’s rather circular as the speculation that IM had been going on long before this legal document. What would be the basis of the document saying “by information and belief” IM is JK, other than the discussion here?

The moderators permit considerable speculation on the identity of posters without editing it out. Ask me how I know. Doesn’t make the speculation true. Ask me how I know.

Has the moderation staff confirmed on the thread or confirmed to Mark Silver that IM is in fact JK? If Coth had confirmed the identity of IM to Silver, I don’t understand why he wouldn’t have stated that in his filing.

I won’t speak for HH, but I have not flagged the numerous posts assuming IM is JK. For the most part, I don’t even bother flagging the posts speculating on my identity. It’s just too tedious; and the speculation is apparently allowed.

1 Like