Unlimited access >

MB update

Yes, of course! :grin:

2 Likes

[quote=“ekat, post:2489, topic:774547”]

Replying to my own reply because I realized my previous response was facetious, esp. since I had already mentioned that I didn’t think Ulf would be a good candidate since he is German and resides in Germany.

In reality, MB would no doubt have to get a well-known U.S. based rider to testify on his behalf. Someone like Stefan Peters would probably impress the jury, assuming he could explain dressage training and levels well enough. Do those kind of experts have to be “approved” by the other side? I believe SP has contributed to the GFM though - would that be reason enough for LK to reject him as a witness for MB?

3 Likes

Now if I could only figure out how to change it! :smile:

2 Likes

I just got caught up, but can we please refrain from tagging certain posters just to derail the thread??

16 Likes

They really don’t get to approve or reject each other’s witnesses. The best they can do is try to poke holes in credibility, bias, etc.

Let’s take Dr Simring as an example for an expert witness. He went in to meeting MB as a neutral uninterested party, and formed his opinions based on time spent with MB.

So, take that and apply it to the Dressage world. While I think Ali Brock could do a fine job of explaining Dressage in an engaging way, you can bet LK’s side is going to question her ability to look at LK’s riding career in a relatively unbiased way.

I have no idea how or what will happen. All I know is, somehow LK needs to explain what her riding loss is (and again, not just her say so) and MB gets to rebut whatever she brings in. So, I like to think about how that will happen.

3 Likes

There is a thread in the technical help section where people as Mod 1 to do that for them.

Give me a minute and I will find you a link.

Edit to add:

@DownYonder, here is the thread. Just add a request to it.

2 Likes

I know this has been touched on, but does any one have access to the document that describes specifically what LK is suing MB for?

1 Like

That might be the logical approach.

So, you know

2 Likes

There are many upper level dressage professionals who would be qualified as experts IMO, among them would be Robert Dover, Lars Peterson, Scott Hassler, etc. The issue might be admitted bias.

I really wonder if the civil case will reach the need to justify her loss of income unless Barisone rejects her settlement offer.

6 Likes

But there are suggestions that she helped LK after the shooting. She’d be great because she is neutral and supposedly has connections to both parties

3 Likes

Go here.

https://portal.njcourts.gov/webcivilcj/CIVILCaseJacketWeb/pages/publicAccessDisclaimer.faces

When you prove you’re not a robot, you want to click on Civil Part on this screen. And this website is not nice. It will kick you out often, and you have to go all the way back to the start.

3 Likes

I don’t think you’re in a position to know if she has any IRL friends. Just another hateful comment to toss in.

2 Likes

:grimacing: Not that page again. That website will never let me in.

3 Likes

I hate that page. A lot.

3 Likes

What “offer of settlement” would that be, Eggbutt?

1 Like

Thank you @ekat! You’re awesome. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You know, I wonder too if this case will make it that far. I just got lost in my head over the language about that Oct 4th management conference re: scheduling of expert discovery.

Civil suits are full of experts, so it can get pretty interesting.

5 Likes

You’re welcome. May the force be with you. That website doesn’t always play nice.

3 Likes

That is a HUGE understatement!

4 Likes

Loss of income?

What income?

8 Likes