MB update

I do hope that Lara reads here and sees just how much everyone is enjoying her posts on Go Fund Me about MB’s artwork. His work is amazing.

16 Likes

Beautiful artwork! In addition to the suggestion of prints and a book of his drawings, another suggestion is to have them printed on mugs.

We also had that done with our family member’s artwork and gave them as stocking stuffer gifts at the holidays. They were a big hit and very affordable to have done.

10 Likes

That is a fun idea.
I just had a thought - his artwork would be amazing on blank inside cards.

Maybe it is my age showing but I love blank inside cards. A great way to send a quick note to someone, etc.

10 Likes

Great idea! We also did sweatshirts but they were more expensive to have done-still fun though.

It is very kind of LO and MB to share the artwork with everyone.

7 Likes

Might I suggest doing refrigerator magnets? I did these for my dad’s milestone events. His pic is now on everyone’s refrigerators. I did mugs for his 80th but by the time of his 90th they got pricey. The frig magnets were excellent.

You can magnets several prints and offer collections as well as individual pieces and put inspirational quotes on them. Or riding advice.

15 Likes

I love that idea! Blank cards are so, so handy!

7 Likes

Agree, a set of cards with MB artwork would be awesome!

7 Likes

That is just amazing!

1 Like

Because (in my experience) those are the folks at horse facilities who:

1. Work the hardest - sunup or earlier to long past dark, and usually at least 6 days a week;
  2. Are the most dependable - if they are to start work at 6 AM, they will be there at 6 AM (and will show up even when they are sick as dogs), and will feed the right feed/hay/supplements to the right horse at the right time and perform other chores according to the schedule they have been given;
  3. The most observant - they will notice who has a missing or sprung shoe, who has a scrape or wound that needs tending, who isn’t eating or drinking or peeing or pooping, whose urine or poop doesn’t look right, who is beating up his/her pasture mate (or getting beat up), whose attitude or demeanor has changed, even who feels hot to the touch;
  4. Don’t have to wait to be told what to do when they notice something is amiss - they know which injuries they can attend to and which ones need a more experienced eye, they know how to take a temperature and how to interpret it, they know to hand walk a colicky horse or a horse that came in from the pasture hot and blowing or that took a blow to a leg and needs to be kept moving, they know to cold hose various injuries/conditions that need cold-hosing, they know how to put on a poultice and when, and they know when to call the barn manager/trainer/vet/horse owner.
  5. They know how to stay out of barn politics and avoid barn drama, and which individuals they can level with and which ones they can’t.

In short, they are the oil that makes a good barn run smoothly and allows barn managers and horse owners to sleep at night, knowing that someone dependable is staying on top of things.

26 Likes

In my experience, that’s known as a good worker. Period.

The country of origin is immaterial.

5 Likes

IMHO the 2nd most valuable person at the barn who cares for your horse. The first is the trainer or barn manager - whomever decides feeding, turnout and the day to day decisions.

2 Likes

I hope the same. And I hope that artwork helps keep the Go Fund Me alive and gathering donations.

7 Likes

Agreed. But of all the barns I have boarded at over many, many years, the immigrant workers far outshine the U.S. born workers as far as work ethic, dependability, dedication, and often, competence.

15 Likes

THIS! A MILLION TIMES, THIS^^

Americans used to have the work ethic that our Hispanic friends have, but that trait is quite rare in an American. Thank goodness they are here to fill so many voids in our workplaces!

9 Likes

Speaking of the fund, I’ve seen so many happy and encouraging posts referencing the Update on the Fund! So many are rooting for MB and LO and are anxious to help MB rebuild his life. What a testament it is that so many think so highly of him! I’m sure someone can find someone somewhere to say negative things about Barisone, but I suspect those negative opinions are emotion based rather than factual situations.

7 Likes

I will go look around the Go Fund Me to see if there is a way to contact LO with the whole artwork for a donation suggestion. Though I am sure she has thought of this already and is so busy with the rest of life that she just does not have the additional time.

4 Likes

That has to be encouraging for them!

I wonder if anyone here has knowledge of a practical way to reproduce and sell the artwork? I’m sure LO is awfully busy with life, but maybe if she had a map laid out to follow how to do it that would help?

I wonder if GoFundMe would allow donations for artwork through her existing page?

3 Likes

Americans have great work ethics but I don’t come across many who wish to have barn and horse maintenance as their career. Which is fine, everyone should find where they feel good.

I think many immigrants come from farming communities and backgrounds so this line of work makes them happy as they genuinely love horses and animals. I know it would be my choice and was when I was younger.

8 Likes

I will pay good money for a video of Michael seeing Hudson again after all this time! Can you even imagine that level of joy?

4 Likes

I believe you can contact her through Facebook.

2 Likes