MB update

When court hearings get postponed, are all parties given sufficient notice so that attorneys and others can reschedule their time and clients aren’t hit with unnecessary fees?

3 Likes

They are supposed to be.

3 Likes

I agree. And I find myself wondering what the next installment might be. How do you outdo Squire L and the the dragonfly/butterfly duo? I should definitely check the Go Fund Me more often.

4 Likes

That is good to know!

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Of course, emergencies and weird things happen too.

1 Like

That is true!

1 Like

This is an interesting question. Assuming this is regarding the Krol hearing, why would the Kanareks be notified if the hearing has literally nothing to do with them? It’s not like the Krol hearing is a sentencing hearing. The hearing is between the State of NJ and Barisone to introduce the evaluation by AK regarding Barisone’s mental state regarding any current threat to himself or others.

I know this has been discussed on this thread earlier but it still is not clear that LK will be allowed in the hearing if she plans to travel to NJ, and definitely will not be allowed to offer a Victim’s Impact Statement. If anything, it has been LK who has shown continued aggression toward MB and MHG in many of her posts over the past three years, including since the verdict.

13 Likes

Hopefully MB has found a way to continue his art while at AK even if he only has a pen to use. It is good therapy!

3 Likes

Maybe the hissy fit was because she was officially notified she wasn’t going to be allowed to be there?

20 Likes

I hope it would be kept private. I can’t imagine anyone from his side making public threats or damaging statements to anyone. I would think most would want to move past this event.

5 Likes

Including this week! It’s so bizarre that she would continue down this path.

5 Likes

My father (who passed within the past two years at age 99-1/2) refused to used a computer and hand wrote letters and notes to include in cards. He would proudly write on the envelope - “This letter was writ by hand.”

I still have dozens and dozens of his letters and cards that he sent me over the years. The last one was written when he was 98 - after that he was losing too much fine motor control in his hands and had to stop writing. I treasure all his letters. :heartbeat:

31 Likes

Another question about legal proceedings. Since discovery is supposed to be completed by Aug. 1, what happens if one of the legal learns some new and pertinent information after that date? Are they still allowed to include it as part of their case?

3 Likes

Generally, yes, as long as they follow their local rules on disclosure, or any rules the court has set for the case regarding disclosure.

4 Likes

I love this.

5 Likes

This is beautiful. Occasionally I come across letters, notes, cards, and recipes that my parents wrote. It is always a gasp moment when I see their handwriting, bringing a rush of emotion. They still live as long as we remember. :heartpulse:

19 Likes

Yes! Written expressions, done by the hand of a loved one who’s passed, are such treasures. Reading their words, so that you can almost hear their voices, can be an emotional experience.

4 Likes

I think a horse drawing by MB would be the pièce de résistance

9 Likes

Absolutely! Maybe he’s working his way there.

3 Likes

I sure hope Aug 1st happens. MB has been in limbo for so long. It really seems punitive. On a side note - in reading a few YT comments I saw this “court ordered community service is not the same as volunteering. Your soup kitchen experience wasn’t your idea. I think that came about after you stole from your mother.”

I’d love to have a calendar of MB’s art.

22 Likes