MB update

Ha. So the whole rumor that she stole from the family home was rehashed on YouTube?

Good lord.

If she just refrained from all her caustic comments, no one would be saying anything about all this.

What a train wreck.

23 Likes

That only means document discovery and interrogatories thoughā€¦ correct?

Depositions are still to come.

1 Like

Correct. Depositions can begin Aug 2nd, which, theoretically, could lead to more document production.

3 Likes

Man, oh, man.

For as long as this process has already dragged out, it sounds like itā€™s just the beginning of another very long road.

7 Likes

Sadly, this is very likely.

6 Likes

I agree!
And that is part of the reason I find it so frustrating that there are no pencils allowed. I understand the danger they pose and all that, so I get the rule. But darnā€¦ art therapy has been proven to do amazing things.
Now I wait impatiently for the next installment of MB-Artwork on the Go Fund Me page!

@DownYonder, the story about your father gave me a wonderful start to my day. Thank you for sharing that.

9 Likes

I wonder if he does horse portraits. ???

2 Likes

So interrogatories are considered part of the discovery phase? I imagine those caused some raised eyebrows!

Also - are interrogatories completed in private by the person, or do they do them with their attorney in attendance? And arenā€™t there limits on the number of questions on an interrogatory? Is there a limit on the length of an answer? Could someone (for instance) write their manifesto in response to a question?

5 Likes

Good questions, @DownYonder. Hopefully one of the smart legal types can so generously explain it to all of us.

4 Likes

Yes, interrogatories are part of written discovery.

1. Odds are good they are answering with their attorney present.

2. No real limits as to numbers, but the questions have to be relevant and not redundant.

3. Not really, but generally speaking you shouldnā€™t write a long screed to answer. Remember, interrogatories are sworn under oath, and how you answer is going to come up in the deposition and possibly the trial to attack your credibility.

For illustrative purposes, Iā€™m throwing in a couple sample questions and answers LK gave in the interrogatories from SGF from back before the stay was granted. MB and RC, through her attorneys can also issue interrogatories to LK. Youā€™ll note the objection to a question. Thatā€™s a fair answer, that could be further litigated, forcing the judge to rule. And, that is why this particular set is available on line. It became subject to further litigation, which ultimately led to the stay on the civil suit.

8 Likes

Ooh I like the part that states that posts are generally not deleted.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

22 Likes

Isnā€™t that just so cute that she thinks thereā€™s no evidence of that?

14 Likes

Adorbs!!

9 Likes

Wow!!! I think I will go back and re-read all the civil filings this afternoon for funsies! Iā€™d forgotten all these blatant lies stated under oath.

8 Likes

So what are the consequences of blatantly lying in such a document?

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the problem with any sort of repercussions from the judge, thereā€™s got to be proof that she is lying in the interrogatories and not in her posts.

Now, credibility-wise for the fact finder, all of these inconsistencies will effect how they weigh her testimony, which could hugely impact how they find in the trial.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if her attorney tries very hard to convince her to settle this case, even for terms against her. I should think that privately heā€™s feeling like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. If I were her attorney, I sure would be!

13 Likes

Well, youā€™re signing it under oath and under penalty of perjury. The problem with perjury is you have to specifically prove the intent to deceive to get someone charged with it, and she very carefully worded that little demonstrably false statement. Where it hurts more is in court, under oath, when Mr D questions her about that statement and then proves itā€™s a lie, it shreds her credibility and is just one more nail in the coffin of her civil suit.

In civil suits, credibility is everything to the jury.

20 Likes

As an attorney, Iā€™d argue that since she has posted eleventy-million times, six hundred deleted posts on one site is evidence she ā€œgenerallyā€ doesnā€™t delete posts.

8 Likes

I absolutely love this image!

4 Likes

Especially if he was foolish enough to take the case on a contingency basis!!

11 Likes