MB update

This is as disturbing as it was the day she proudly posted it.

Edit to correct auto correct spelling

18 Likes

Is anyone really surprised? Anyone?

6 Likes

Funny, she was afraid but wouldn’t leave.
Safe sport doesn’t deal with squatters disputes.

17 Likes

Hence my screenshot.

I use Pinterest for inspiration (interior design, clothes, hair, nails, crafts, horse stuff, etc), remembering things I may want to look back on and try or do or purchase later (recipes, DIY, tutorials, products, etc), and - on private boards - business ideas. To create a Pinterest board about a traumatic incident you went through is
 odd.

15 Likes

The picture in the woods looks like the same picture that was in the Times article that fall. Or a very similar one, anyway.

5 Likes

It is the one from the Times

5 Likes

Its creepy

6 Likes

That portrait was taken by a NY Times photographer, at one of her attorney’s offices, near the parking lot. Here’s another one from the same shoot.

4 Likes

That one is a much better picture.

Imagine the highlight of your life is a tragic incident.

My police officer husband was shot 3 times by a mad man years ago. It was such a wild story several books were published and 3 made for TV movies were produced about the entire tragedy. While we were deluged with media for several weeks and annually for the anniversary of the event for many years, we didn’t dwell on it, did not seek attention, and moved on with our lives. In other words the event did not define our lives. Yes, every one handles traumatic situations differently, but LK isn’t even attempting to heal since the verdict it seems. It’s as though she is stuck in time and refuses to move on. What a shame she doesn’t have anything important in her life to focus on to get on with her life - her riding, children, family, a profession, whatever.

23 Likes

This definitely doesn’t look like the woman who testified in April!! Wow! She looked so much healthier in the NYT photos! Really sad isn’t it.

11 Likes

I actually kind of feel bad for her in that way. Why is she clinging to this so strongly? Especially in such a public way online (not just COTH pre-ban, but now YouTube, replying to months old posts)?

My life ain’t all that interesting. I am single, no kids, middling success. And I have had a lot of trauma throughout my life. But while I don’t have kids/family/outrageous success to focus on, I dang sure don’t typically focus all my energy - at least not publicly - on things that really sucked for me.

I tend to focus on the things that make me happy now, and on things that I think might make me happy in the future. (Triggering things aside
 and I usually recognize I am being triggered and avoid!)

25 Likes

The photos are really beautiful. She looks great.

7 Likes

@erinmeri, you have been wise enough to figure things out. I know you have talked here about seeking out therapy when you felt you needed help. You have learned to appreciate your life and enjoy it.

I would also bet you appreciate what you do have and are grateful for it.

One of the wonderful things I have found with aging is I am grateful for what I do have, and my version of being “wealthy” is much different than what others versions might be. I also don’t care what others think of me. Being my authentic self means more than material possessions or accolades from other. Flying under the radar, even with acts of kindness, is preferable!

21 Likes

I admire you! You chose to move forward by any means necessary to help your journey.

Trauma is devastating for everyone. How we handle it makes all the difference in our future and happiness IMO. You should be very proud of yourself.

14 Likes

Amen, sister, to all of this.

7 Likes

Didn’t she post comments somewhere during or after the trial that MB was purposely trying to look “crazy” in front of the jury?

Maybe she was trying to look more like a “victim” in front of the jury?

14 Likes

Morris County Sheriff
Morris Township Police
Morristown Police
Morris Plains Police
Randolph Police
Long Valley Police
Mendham Police
and the list goes on, but there is NO Morris County Police Dept.

8 Likes

Yes. Repeatedly. Is still saying it.

Maybe?

8 Likes

Ok that makes me laugh a little.

5 Likes