MB update

Thanks!

2 Likes

I wonder what LK and RGā€™s excuse is for their irratic behavior?

7 Likes

That articleā€¦ :grinning:

7 Likes

As I read everyoneā€™s input, every time someone uses the word victim, I have to remind myself that theyā€™re talking about LK. When I hear victim in this case, my mind automatically thinks of MB.

35 Likes

Krol is spelled with one l. Like Squire L.

7 Likes
6 Likes

I loved that movie. So sweet.

9 Likes

Thank you @eggbutt for sharing that article.

Yes! Such an amazing movie for so many reasons.

7 Likes

Apologies if someone has already said this - I am trying to catch up.

But if the attorneys/judge have seen those comments, that could be another reason why the hearing keeps getting pushed back as they sort through it all.

For instance, if Taylor determines that someone on his staff has been posting on SM about the trial, I can certainly see where that could lead to all sorts of upheaval ā€œbehind closed doors,ā€ perhaps even the need for Taylor to recuse himself as far as the hearing goes.

4 Likes

Nobody cares about social media posts. Itā€™s all anonymous ramblings.

They might care about press coverage if it was substantial and trouble making and came from major media (print/news).

So unless The Daily News or CNN is saying stuff it just doesnā€™t matter.

16 Likes

@Knights_Mom, when you were vacuuming under desks, was it common for people on social media to be claiming the judge was doing their bidding and willing to do illegal things on their behalf?

12 Likes

So itā€™s just a matter of someone ranting into the void as far as all the court professionals are concerned?

I can understand treating it that way. Butā€¦. Itā€™s really unnerving and disturbing.

10 Likes

Normally people claim the judge is on their opponents side, not theirs. No one checks social media ever.

Maybe Twitter would get attention if a big number account was involved. So if The Rock with a following of say 8 million people posted something it might get noticed but not necessarily be responded to. If it was responded to it would be some generic message of fair and impartial proceedings by that courts spokesperson.

I was involved in a case by a judge being brought up on sex charges by a female attorney. Every female in the courthouse was transported by the union to testify to the judicial conduct board. More stories of sex abuse came out. I wasnā€™t one. But my friend was. When the story broke we were mobbed by paparazzi leaving work at 5 pm ONE DAY. A few papers did a story. Then it died. The court system issued a bland, blanket statement when the judge resigned.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a nothing burger. There is no guarantee the person posting is even the person they claim to be. Iā€™m not aware of anyone searching social media.

For comparison Google reactions to the Depp/Heard stuff. Itā€™s everywhere with all sorts of comments and statements and no one cares in that court.

Only major media stuff counts. Sometimes.

10 Likes

The closest social media comes to counting is if it is referenced by major media in a story. So if the NY Times writes ā€œThe case produced comments from all over the horse world on social media which seem to heavily favor the defendantā€.

I canā€™t imagine the Times saying ā€œone commenter claiming to be INSERT NAME HERE stated they had the judge in their pocket and knew of all his notes and possessed those notes.ā€

Wouldnā€™t happen.

3 Likes

This is exactly why I was asking. Typically people say the judge is supporting the other side, which is also happening in this case.
It seems very strange that someone would brag online that the judge is doing something that is unethical in a way to support them. Basically ā€œThis just is so amazing, they are doing things illegally to help my caseā€.

5 Likes

Exactly.

2 Likes

Blaming everyone else and screaming ā€œsabotageā€ is just another way to completely avoid responsibility for oneā€™s own actions.

15 Likes

Itā€™s boring at this point. Thatā€™s why I find MBs story far more inspiring and I hope it continues. Itā€™s enjoyable to have a story where someone is dragged down to the bowels of hell but then is able to rise and persevere. Phoenix Rising.

Itā€™s far more interesting a story and gives readers hope and strength for their own lives. Iā€™m hoping that MBs rise will be such as to give others the hope and strength to persevere. Letā€™s wish his story continues in that direction.

22 Likes

I knowā€¦I have said this, but darn it, that squirrel drawing is just amazing. Clearly MB has talent in more than one area of his life.

12 Likes