MB update

She admitted she uses Suboxone on the stand.

18 Likes

Ha.

LK has ADMITTED to being a long term addict. She has used suboxone for ten years. And obviously was an active heroin user before that

It’s not recommended to stay on suboxone for ten freaking years. Look it up. That’s not the typical treatment recommendation. People are encouraged to taper much sooner.

As far as her dental issues
 why does she have dental issues? Drug abuse is a SUPER common reason for people to have extensive and chronic dental problems.

“Although all kinds of drugs and medications impact dental health, some drugs have bigger effects on teeth than others. Dental patients who are in active addiction suffer from high numbers of dental diseases depending on their drugs of choice.

Meth mouth most commonly presents itself as rampant tooth decay and severe cases of gum disease. Persistent meth use softens tooth enamel in a matter of weeks, which contributes to missing, fractured, and broken teeth with decay.

Those who use heroin struggle with similar issues due to cravings of sugary and sweet foods associated with heroin abuse. When combined with the low quality of life most people in active addiction face, this leads to an increase in decaying and missing teeth. Heroin also encourages bruxism, or tooth grinding, which can contribute to oral infections overall.

Similarly, MDMA, which is also known as “molly” and “ecstasy,” causes tooth grinding, dry mouth, and uncontrollable jaw clenching. Molly and ecstasy have also been linked to increased chances of gum disease.

When it comes to cocaine, the mixture of cocaine and saliva creates an acidic mixture that erodes enamel. Rubbing cocaine on the gums or consuming it buccally also causes gum and bone ulcers in the mouth. It also impacts the roof of the mouth and increases susception to oral infections. “

8 Likes

For clarity, she admitted to using Suboxone as her main drug, to help her maintain sobriety from past use of heroin, pot, and opiates (or opioids).

14 Likes

Pot doesn’t count anymore!

6 Likes

She’s the one that said it in court!

5 Likes

Don’t know how you got there. That is not what I said or inferred. However, there were more restrictions against bringing out MB’s background in a criminal court than there will be in a civil court. LK was partially protected as she wasn’t on trial but victims don’t have the same protections as the person on trial. In a civil court everything will be brought out about both.

I’m not looking forward to that and I think more may come out now about MB than LK because her information is out there already.

But
 it’s important to note she has been on Suboxone for 10 years.

Some information on Suboxone

“Aside from methadone, Suboxone is the most commonly prescribed medication in the treatment of opioid dependence. Suboxone is a partial opioid agonist that consists of buprenorphine and naloxone, the two active ingredients that help ease the withdrawals symptoms often associated with opioid cessation. Suboxone is highly addictive and also heavily regulated by the federal government. As such, only 3 percent of all U.S. physicians are approved to prescribe Suboxone in the treatment of opioid dependence, according to the National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment (NAABT). In this article, we will take a look at how long an individual should remain on Suboxone and the consequences of prolonged use.”

“Because Suboxone is technically an opioid, it can attach to the same opioid receptors in the brain like other opioids, including heroin and prescription-based opioids. However, this is where the similarities end. Unlike heroin or prescription-based opioids like methadone, Suboxone is a partial agonist and doesn’t provide the same “high” commonly associated with full agonists. The pleasurable effects derived from Suboxone is just enough to distract patients from the severe withdrawals symptoms that come with ending their relationship with opioids. Of course, patients will need to taper down from the medication as they progress through rehab. After all, Suboxone is not a permanent solution for overcoming opioid addiction and prolonged use can lead to addiction.”

“
The length of time that a patient needs to take Suboxone can vary; patients will have to be routinely evaluated by a physician who will decide whether they should begin tapering down from the medication or if continued use is necessary. Taking Suboxone for one month or less is often ineffective; in fact, most patients will relapse once they have stopped taking the medication. Most physicians will advise patients to take Suboxone for 6 to 12 months to cope with severe withdrawal symptoms and to achieve long-term recovery success. According to JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association), more than 70 percent of individuals taking Suboxone long-term remain opioid-free during their treatments.”

5 Likes

Oh, I know. No one should be on it that long. Isn’t it also a banned substance by WADA? Could her admission hurt her riding career?

8 Likes

I think it’s a safe assumption it’s banned by the WADA.

4 Likes

I wonder how that might play into the civil suit. How do you claim a loss to your riding career if you’re ineligible because you are using a banned substance?

17 Likes

Not guilty because they believed he was insane as in delusional and could not form intent to attempt murder even though they believed he did shoot her.

1 Like

Again, you don’t know what the jury thought. But keep saying that.

15 Likes

Or so the admitted liar says.
Sheilah

13 Likes

@ekat

I don’t understand your position here. If the jury had not unanimously agreed that the prosecutor established all elements of his case with the sole exception of intent beyond a reasonable doubt, wasn’t the jury instructed to find MB Not Guilty (straight NG)? As they did on the charges wrt RG?

Since the jury did not stop at NG for LK, that shows that on all elements except for intent, they thought that he shot her. Not with 100% certainty, but to the standard required.

1 Like

I think I have explained my position pretty clearly. No one knows what the jury thought except those 12 jurors. Could have been a compromise, could have been nullification, could have been they were unclear on the instructions and went with whatever would get them out of them out of there and not have to come back after a dice day weekend.

Juries do weird things. You and @hut-ho78 can pretend all you want that you KNOW what they were thinking, but you don’t, until they speak out.

21 Likes

That is what that verdict means. You said it yourself.

Well the jury sure as heck didn’t believe the two addicts.

17 Likes

Damn dude! Are you kidding?

I said this:

2 Likes

I wonder what some will say when MB is released. Then what? Will he be deemed to be ‘Not Guilty Challenged?’ Like he’s free but he’s not free free?

What twist then?

Or will it be his every action is a threat? He goes to pump gas: threat. He goes to dry cleaner: threat.

14 Likes