MB update

That’s good to know about geese at night. I know the wild geese migrate at night, but wasn’t sure about when they’re not commuting, so to speak.

3 Likes

As I recall, the idea was that she was not loaning him the gun so much as giving it to him so that it could be locked up securely, instead of having it floating around loose on the farm.

25 Likes

That is right. RC gave MB the gun to keep in the safe to keep it safe. LK was running around full ninja.

15 Likes

10 Likes

Needs to be less sexy, more full-blown unhinged. And disheveled.

18 Likes

That only captures the ninja look from the shoulders up.

You need to find an image that reveals bare feet (dirty from wandering around the farm) to really do it justice. :footprints:

9 Likes

Hey, that’s the only part that sounded normal to me! :rofl:

(I’m weird, I live barefoot at home most of the summer. Yes, even around the horses. And yes, I know better. You’re not kidding about the dirty part, in the shower I spend as much time with brush, pumice, and apricot scrub on my feet as washing the rest of my body minus my hair!)

4 Likes

My response in bold.

1 Like

Wait. I thought her “ninja look” was really just standard Lulemon attire. You know, because she’d just gotten out of a nighttime dance class. Or yoga. Each conducted with a sort of harem girl flair, hence the veil. Or am I just misremembering things?

/s

7 Likes

NGRI means there was no crime as mens rea didn’t exist. There was no finding MB shot her beyond a reasonable doubt.

You keep getting the verdict confused with Guilty but insane. It’s not.

22 Likes

Hey Everyone! Guess what?

24 Likes

“My point was that to get beyond his delusions, he needs to acknowledge to himself that he shot and nearly killed her. Also that his “supporters” continuing to nurse these delusions is not helpful, IMHO, in promoting the mental healing, or winning the release of, someone who committed a violent act while in a delusional state.”

From CH’s bolded responses above…

You forget, MB and his closest supporters know a heck of a lot more about what really happened than was actually allowed to be presented at trial because the judge excluded testimony of relevant information and didn’t allow the defense to explore in more detail timelines and events.

The details in the texts/email chains about what LK, JK, and RG actually planned to do to MB. What was actually put into the SS report that triggered CPS to show up. What is actually in those recordings LK brags about. What access to the office and the ability to forge signature and contracts really meant. Everyone’s fear of the dog and all the dog bites that covered MB. The fact that he was beaten to such a state as he was.

Lots to unpack still in the civil trial. I bet it will show that, yes, indeed the jury got it “wrong” because the judge tied their hands by not allowing certain testimony.

And let’s not forget, the state psych’s testimony essentially boiled down to: MB wasn’t delusional because his fear was real. LK was really plotting against him and acting in ways that would cause any rational person to be afraid. And he testified that he read everything.

35 Likes

I agree with you that NGRI is a type of acquittal in which the defendant is found not criminally responsible. I am not confusing the verdict with guilty but insane.

It is my understanding that NGRI, in distinction from NG, indicates that the jury as fact finders determined that, beyond a reasonable doubt, in this case, he shot her. I understand that your interpretation is different.

1 Like

I was not tagged or quoted, but the post mentioned the idea of “remorse” that I brought up yesterday, so I assumed by “the other side” the post was referring to me.

There were a number of statements, inferences and “logic” that were incorrectly attributed to me in the post that I wished to clarify.

1 Like

Responding to @CurrentlyHorseless for clarity. Again,NO he does not. The only determination to be made at a Krol Hearing is if MB PRESENTLY (not three years ago) is a danger to himself or others. The exact language includes, “ Commitment requires that there be a substantial risk of dangerous conduct within the reasonably foreseeable future” (State v Krol, 1975)

Since at least 1965, the state of NJ has held that mental illness alone is not sufficient to commit someone.

28 Likes

Hey @CurrentlyHorseless -

Just out of curiosity… are you still horseless? Or are you riding these days? What’s your preferred discipline? Dressage? Jumping? Trail riding?

Also, you have any good dog photos to contribute to the thread?

14 Likes

Yes, and if the jury had been convinced by the prosecution’s psych experts that he shot LK while NOT in a delusional state, he’d be in prison instead of a psychiatrist institution right now.

2 Likes

That’s fair enough. Clarify away.

But… what about horses and dogs? Care to share? It’s more pleasant than constant arguing.

2 Likes

I accept your clarification.

The dangerous conduct that occurred in August 2019 occurred because he was in a delusional state and had access to a gun. While the continuing presence of delusional thinking, is not, in itself, a reason to keep him institutionalized, I think evidence that he is still delusional would indicate that he is likely to be a danger to others, including the person be shot while in a delusional state, compared to a situation in which he no longer harbors delusions.

I think I’ve said it before, but my two all time favorite Star Trek episodes were the tribbles episode and the one with Joan Collins on earth in the 1930s. They really worked the comedy/tragedy drama masks with that combination.

3 Likes