MB update

Thank you! I’m going to see if I can find it to watch tonight.

Love the Terrier!

1 Like

I absolutely agree that if his well being is all that is being considered, release into a supportive environment is best.

However, the judge has to weigh his interests against the safety of the public. IMHO, I’m going to be surprised if the judge releases him despite him continuing to be a danger “only” to the person he shot.

1 Like

Awesome dog!

1 Like

I have actively avoided Star Trek my whole life but I am now feeling all accomplished because even I know about tribbles.
We joke at work that binder clips are like tribbles in how they reproduce. We have binder clips everywhere.

Hey @CurrentlyHorseless, you must have missed my post yesterday asking you questions .

5 Likes

If the psychiatrist makes that determination (and that’s a big if) and the judge chooses to deviate from NJ caselaw, I’m sure Mr Bilinkas will have zero problem going to the court of appeals again.

I didn’t throw that out there as a statement of fact about this case. It’s simply a fact that NJ has considered this and made findings about it in the past.

13 Likes

What a cool dog!

How large is a border terrier? Tell me more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This thread has gone to the dogs.

Kaboom!

17 Likes

Bolded = my responses

1 Like

One more question/thought for you on this issue.

Do you think MB and his attorneys might try to relitigate the self defense issue again at the civil trial? Is that what you are driving at? Clearly they were blocked from pursuing that at the criminal trial. Do you think the rules of evidence, and having a new judge involved with the civil trial might allow him to pursue exploring that issue this time around, when presenting a case for his counterclaims?

4 Likes

Well, they do more to promote our general well-being than MB’s harassers.

11 Likes

Trekkies: Who is the mother of Captain Kirk’s son? What happened to her?

2 Likes

Small. Small enough to be an alarm clock. This is my friend’s alarm clock:

17 Likes

Awwwww.

I love terrier faces. But have a preference for medium to large dogs. Maybe I should consider a Welsh Terrier next time around. Or just go for the Airedale :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where I used to live, a neighbor had about 3 acres, and had guineas. They were always on the road, honking the horn didn’t move them, so I would roll down my window, yell “Shoo!” and they would leave. The flock kept getting smaller, and I suspect the survivors were rehomed to a more remote property.

2 Likes

MB’s farm in Loxahatchee should be zoned for agriculture so he can have bird sentries.

2 Likes

James Kir’s child was son David Marcus, and the mother was Dr. Carol Marcus, they only met in STII with Khan. David was killed by a Klingon before ST IV.

After STIII, Search for Spock, Carol Marcus just kind of disappears, guesses are she went back to Star Fleet to report what happened.

His partner Miramanee was pregnant with a daughter, but Miramanee was stoned to death by her own people.

4 Likes

She was killed during the Genesis thing I think. Or maybe that’s the last time she was seen on screen.

4 Likes

I can tell you that the alarm clock is the perfect horse show dog.

5 Likes

Has anybody mentioned Standard Poodles? My old boss had one that was so protective and so hated the mailman that it shattered a large picture window and went after him. Mailman refused to deliver mail not only to boss’ house, but to entire street. Neighbors were not pleased…

8 Likes

How and why would you conclude he continues to be a danger to anyone, including She Who Shall Not Be Named?

In the unlikely event that happens, ekat has patiently explained why that would be unlikely to prevent him from being released. There are many other mechanisms to ensure the two parties stay far apart from each other - mechanisms I’m sure MB and his team are just as eager to have in place as the K clan.

20 Likes