MB update

Unless you believe that ham sandwiches are also guilty, yes.

(Note to self…need a sandwich now…)

8 Likes

I will take mine with mayo and lettuce please.

2 Likes

I prefer BLT’s. Much tastier than ham….

5 Likes

I’m slow and hungry and I just now figured out what you’re asking here.

My gut wonders if they were almost hung between all straight Not Guilty’s and a few holdouts that felt LK had bullet holes in her, something happened. They were staring down a 5 day holiday weekend as the clock ticked that afternoon, so, maybe there was some compromise.

I could be wrong, of course.

26 Likes

I’m on it! That’s how I like them too.

Ok, a BLT sandwich sounds super good. I bet no one would ever indict a BLT.

6 Likes

It’s interesting. Nobody seems to bother much with RG.

The K family won’t pay for their lawyers to represent him as a client, the jury didn’t bother believing anything he said, LK doesn’t seem to care at all about the fact that the jury delivered an NG verdict with respect to the guy that she says fired a bullet at her beloved’s head (she rants about a lot of stuff online, but doesn’t seem to care at all about that), and when it comes to the civil suit, MBs attorneys aren’t bothering with RG either.

The only person who did bother much with RG was Schellhorn. By pursuing charges on RGs behalf. When you look at the total evidence only to two shots fired, and what an unreliable low life RG is… it makes me wonder why Schellhorn pursued any charges related to RG…

10 Likes

I mean, even he dropped the charges for RG in that lame plea deal he offered.

16 Likes

Oh! You’re RIGHT! I forgot about that.

4 Likes

My gut says the exact same. Literally and figuratively.

10 Likes

I will die on the hill that since RG was the only one giving a statement that night, he put himself out there as a victim for his own self-serving purpose, and I also firmly believe that we will learn more about that as the civil suit progresses, if only because the stories will continue to evolve and change.

16 Likes

:grin:

2 Likes

@CurrentlyHorseless

I’m curious about your thoughts on RG.

You’ve been quite consistent that you think the discussion on COTH by many posters is really ugly towards LK, given that she was shot.

What about RG? I honestly can’t recollect offhand if you’ve had strong words in the past about discussions that focused on him?

Any thoughts now about him, how the jury found MB straight up not guilty on all charges related to him, etc?

13 Likes

OK. I just googled it and the definition you quoted comes up as the second definition of “rhetoric”. As you say, it’s “a definition” of ‘rhetoric’ but not the primary definition.

The first definition is just “the art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing”. There is nothing pejorative about that. If you want to “accuse” me of “using rhetoric”, I would not consider that an insult at all.

Is there a non pejorative interpretation of “word salad”?

1 Like

That’s also thought provoking.

It has been radio silent regarding RG. With all the bluster and raging surrounding LK (largely by LK), not a peep has been spoken about RG. A large part of me feels the subject was dropped because everything surrounding RG’s experience was fabricated. I have often wondered if RG suffered wrath due to his poor testimony or if he was even blamed for the outcome of the trial due to his less than stellar performance. I almost feel sorry for him.

I’m also very curious as to why RG isn’t named in MB’s civil suit. MB has show a lot of mercy in the past so maybe it’s just that.

I do believe RG hasn’t sued for the work he did because he simply wasn’t licensed and doing so would backfire on him.

7 Likes

It’s interesting. So much time has been spent on these threads going round and round in brutal arguments.

Then, when I reach out with polite posts actually soliciting someone’s opinions or thoughts on a few key things…

They won’t respond. They just ignore me.

16 Likes

Why has there been so much pearl clutching regarding LK and the alleged “abuse” (groan) she has endured, but not a word about RG? He has been discussed a great deal.

15 Likes

Wasn’t there some testimony and such that JK was looking to house LK only and not RG on MB’s farm?

6 Likes

Another old saying…you can’t get blood out of a turnip. RG is judgment proof. He has no assets, no wages to garnish, nothing except what LK gives him. It’s a sunk cost to pay attorneys like Mr Deininger to prepare a suit against him and waste their time on something they would never collect on.

I have also wondered about how things have gone for him post-trial.

18 Likes

Mr B did ask RG that. I wonder if we’ll see more info about that going forward?

2 Likes

Very good point.

I wonder the monetary amount that has been collectively spent on legal services for both sides during the criminal trial and now the upcoming civil trial.

I’ve often thought of the many good deeds that could have been done instead.

5 Likes