MB update

Amber Heard only spent $600,000 on her legal team. Of course, she lost. And I only know this because the legal wrangling that’s happening now over her legal fees is very interesting.

3 Likes

3 court cases, 3 years, and still ongoing.

2 Likes

Forgive others if they genuinely don’t understand your stance on certain things. See above on the “word salad” question.

I actually am with @Virginia_Horse_Mom. You are so staunchly in the camp of LK, but are silent on RG. You’ve said you agree with the verdict (although your interpretation of what it means is a head scratcher to me), but have said nil about RG (that I can recall). Does that mean you also think he was likely lying? Care to elaborate?

14 Likes

I’m actually more fascinated by what’s happening now than the actual defamation trial. Her insurance companies that had agreed to foot the legal costs have now said nope, because she was found to have acted with malice.

That’s so very interesting to me. Of course, it’s VA, a different state, and doesn’t apply in any way really to MB’s scenario, unless he had insurance paying for any legal fees.

4 Likes

And where is the passion when it comes to defending RG from the mean COTH mob? Is @CurrentlyHorseless yet ANOTHER person who just doesn’t care enough about RG to even bother defending him from all of our cruel chatter and speculation?

I mean… why be so passionate about how nasty we’ve been with respect to LK, but then just not GAF about what we have said with respect to RG?

We’ve been pretty mean about RG. I know I have. Lots of jokes about him doing laundry. About how short he is. Etc etc . :woman_shrugging:

It just seems like if someone really sincerely wants to play the role of Devils Advocate on these threads (which is a valid choice, for sure)… they would spend SOME time trying to defend RG from all of the cruel and unflattering speculation…

:thinking:

17 Likes

It’s DD-214

5 Likes

If I recall correctly Bilinkas asked RG about his military experience and Taylor squashed the question…maybe I dreamt it.

5 Likes

Yes! Thank you. I’ll have to edit for typo!

2 Likes

RG has an extensive criminal record - including drug charges - going back to his HS days and has charges going as far back as his having just turned 18, in the late 90’s, years before the TWOT recruiting drive and he racked up consistent strings of arrests and charges since that time. I can’t see him ever getting waivers, passing the MEPS drug screening, or being a quality recruit of any sort.

18 Likes

Good point! Aside from one or two posters trying to paint him as Superman? Silent.

That’s what this feels like to me a lot of the time. Devil’s Advocate… but solely for the sake of arguing. It does not feel sincere.

I was a Devil’s Advocate who argued for years that LK was the victim and unless she came at MB with a pitchfork, was above reproach. I now can see how she contributed and acted with intent to destroy someone who was vulnerable. That context changed my tune.

This person claims to see nuance and claims that the NGRI decision is reasonable, but then says things that counter that. It is… perplexing.

16 Likes

I thought I asked some good questions too, and those too were ignored.

The criminal trial did not cost LK anything. It cost the state.
But I would guess that the crazy expense of legal fees is why the GoFundMe was started to help MB get back on his feet.

Now this is an interesting question. Thank you for bringing it up. You are so right, I do not remember any testimony that the police ever asked MB anything.
This police department is just scary in how they handle things.

10 Likes

As a recruit, he would have taken a picture in boot camp in mock dress blues in front of an American flag. They look like this:

These photos are usually taken the last few weeks of boot camp when uniforms are being ordered but I’ve heard some variation in platoons. Recruits don’t have any indication of rank or service medals on their uniform compared to a Marine (who has completed boot camp), who will at least have rank insignia.

If he made it to that point, he has first hand weapons knowledge.

I don’t know if Mr. B would know the distinction between Marine and recruit, but if RG stated he was a Marine, then that means he graduated boot camp.

5 Likes

Also the choke out RG did would have been taught in boot camp. It’s called Marine Corps Martial Arts (MCMAP). The maneuver screams Marine to me.

4 Likes

I think it’s certainly plausible that there’s a photo of a male family member who closely resembles him, enough so that he could claim himself as the individual in the photo. I’ve seen photos of his male relatives who have clear genetic traits passed down to their offspring, including RG himself, and there are apparently many men in his broader family with his name, some of whom probably did serve in the military.

8 Likes

I haven’t caught up with thread yet, but the suspense is killing me. Did you ever figure out what was killing the chickens?

10 Likes

Please see my post #572. My responses in bold to FitzE respond to issues concerning RG.

It was the long post to which you joked, “They’re back!”

He at least made it to boot camp. IIRC, a lot of his charges are traffic violations which may have accounted for his early charges. His stint with the USMC may have been short and he accumulated criminal charges afterward. He could get clean in 30 days for a drug screen.

Mr. B presented RG with the question of whether or not RG was a Marine. Mr. B had some sort of information to indicate he was. RG stated he was a Marine. Now whether that means recruit vs. Marine, I can’t say for sure. RG would know the difference. I would think RG would state he hadn’t graduated boot camp because that would lend further to RG not having weapons knowledge.

And on a side note, I really love that people believe Marines to be honorable, admirable people and that someone criminal or questionable couldn’t possibly be one. But I can safely tell you that there are bad eggs in the Marine Corps, same for every branch. My husband was a criminal investigator in the Marines. He investigated the crimes of Marines under the UCMJ. There are bad eggs but they do not usually last long.

16 Likes

I have served on a grand jury and this is absolutely true. No rules of evidence apply. The arresting officer or the prosecuting attorney comes in and lays out why they think the person should go to trial. There is no defense, there is no rebuttal to what the prosecution lays out. Grand jury members can ask questions about what the prosecution has presented, but that’s it. Often, forensics are not available or not complete at the time a grand jury votes to indict. Opinion and hearsay are allowed; the prosecutor or arresting officer will tell what their theory of the events is.

In my state, only four members of the six person grand jury has to vote for a True Bill in order to indict the person.

Psychologically, as a grand jury, it’s relatively easy to vote for the True Bill - you’re not sending anyone to prison, you’re just saying there’s enough evidence that it should go to trial.

I was shocked at how casual and informal it all was.

Edited: to correct typos and grammatical errors.

11 Likes

@CurrentlyHorseless, I am pretty sure this is post 572 but it is a post by KM and has nothing to do with why no one has been discussing RG?

1 Like