MB update

Didn’t he claim at the trial that he knew nothing about guns?

But also claimed that he recognized the gun was empty or jammed or otherwise not a danger at some point?

7 Likes

I found his testimony to be very hard to follow. So. Many. Contradictions.

13 Likes

@eggbutt

Oh illustrious leader, may I submit to you a part of our uniform.

We can wear this under our bathrobes.

On the front is REST LATER, as even though in bathrobes we all work hard looking after furbabies.

On the back, and I did not see this when I bought it, from the local OpShop. No I do not know fashion. I do not like fashion. I do not want to know what it actually means.

That is my pinkie nail next to it to show you how tiny it actually is.

11 Likes

Would this ever be expressed to anyone, the judge? or its for the jury to decide, no explanation needed?

1 Like

On grilled garlic bread, with mushroom gravy?

1 Like

If her parents pay her lawyers, does she have a choice?

5 Likes

We never found an opening big enough for a possum or raccoon, and I never saw rats, so we finally decided it must have been a weasel. We ended up basically wrapping the entire coop and exercise yard top to bottom with new hardware cloth and that solved the problem.

8 Likes

So…it’s an unsolved cold case involving a serial killer……

:thinking:

13 Likes

And it was a particularly heinous series of crimes—the victims were all found missing their heads!

Maybe 48 Hours would be interested in this storyline…

9 Likes

The weasel is the prime suspect, his MO matches the crime scene perfectly.

And hardware cloth stopped the attacks…

Though if I was the weasel’s defense attorney, I would want to know the whereabouts of all the black snakes on the night in question.

PS - Because black snakes were the culprit in a lot of unexplained chicken deaths at my house last summer; but of course, prior bad acts are not admissable…

15 Likes

I’ve said this since the verdict.

9 Likes

That sounds very good indeed! That might slide past an indictment. I need more information though.

1 Like

So this is a great post, and I want to follow up on it a little more, as well as respond to a few comments that have happened since this post, about the relevance of RGs possible service record.

I seem to recollect that both Mr. B and Schellhorn mentioned his service. Mr. B brought it up relative to RG posessing knowledge about weapons. But I SEEM to recollect it came up on direct with Schellhorn in terms of how RG applied a chokehold to MB, and effectively subdued him.

The part that agitated me was the impression that it seemed like Schellhorn tried to develop for the jury with respect to RG when he had him on the stand. An impression was crafted that RG was a bit of a hero, with a background of military service, who jumped into harms way when it counted and saved LKs life.

THAT irritated me. Because I (and many other posters) seriously question if the guy ever made it through boot camp, and even if he did… if he was processed out shortly thereafter. As you have pointed out, Warmblood1, there certainly are plenty of criminals who find their way into the military, and later get investigated for criminal behavior and kicked out. @LexInVA has pointed out that RG has a very long rap sheet, and has a history with drugs dating back to his teenage years. With plenty of associated arrests. I think it’s a safe guess that IF he made it through bootcamp, his lifelong drug problems got identified pretty soon thereafter…

It rankled me that they tried to give the impression that he was some sort of hero at trial, and sidestep any extra questions about his service. It’s relevant. I think it’s more accurate to think about RG as a career criminal, who very possibly rushed at MB first, and proceeded with a criminal assault…

16 Likes

It is very odd. That would make me uncomfortable to say the least.

2 Likes

Too bad his deposition won’t be televised, because that would be absolutely fascinating to watch.

1 Like

Could the prosecutor possibly have been trying to influence the Grabd Jury not to vote to indict, because the prosecutor was worried about having to try a messy case with an imperfect victim?

Prosecutors are evaluated on their conviction rates, correct?

2 Likes

But the snakes’ attorneys would consider that to be profiling!

6 Likes

I’d be more inclined to think they’re practicing how to present the victim to the actual jury and it came out all kinds of wrong in that informal setting.

2 Likes

I think ekat has got it right.

My impression, after many years distance, was that the prosecutor wanted very much to try and convict the perpetrator, but was also very aware that she might not be a sympathetic victim.

He underestimated the impact of the photos.

7 Likes

Interesting about the prosecutor.

Really sad about the photos.

3 Likes