MB update

It is interesting testimony to consider after the fact.

The first thought that comes to mind?

Just because MB was suffering from a paranoid delusional disorder DOESN’T mean that these people WEREN’T actually out to get him.

Both can be true… the existence of the disorder, and the existence of a calculated scheme to destroy him.

25 Likes

How does that work?
When a lawyer is hired on contingency, do they look at a bunch of the evidence before agreeing to do that or do they simply listen to the case that the person in front of them is telling them about, believe them, and then say they will take it on contingency?

3 Likes

It actually reinforces the delusion, for there to be factual evidence of the campaign to ruin him.

Randomly rewarding a behavior makes it much more resistant to extinction.

How far out of the realm of possibility was it, really, that these three Kaneraks might keep upping the ante on this campaign and do something like start a fire in the barn (under guise of the dryer malfunction) or harm the kids?
If it was “far out” the ninja suit shenanigans certainly gave the impression that (if they would do that) they would do anything.

18 Likes

To me it was the singular, most clear representation of the judge’s bias and hand on the scales in the whole trial.

Here Bilinkas had been working diligently and shut down with sidebar after sidebar trying to get all that in……and it was like the judge didn’t even pay attention to the witness and just let him yammer on because it was a prosecution witness.

And the expression on Schellhorn’s face while it was happening….

18 Likes

And what happens when the lawyer finds the client is BSC?

7 Likes

Haha. Yeah. Her wanting to leave the option open to train with him again at a later time was a TRULY bizarre line of thinking that was presented in discussions on these forums at some point during the last year or so.

Combine that train of thought with her decision to move to Loxahatchee close to his only remaining home following the sale of SGF…

It’s hard to take seriously any claim that she is now terrified of MB, and he shouldn’t be released.

I do take seriously the idea that an average person who had been shot by someone with a delusional disorder would very likely be terrified after the fact of it happening again. But LKs actions and words and extensive online commentary in the last 2 years? It just doesn’t give me the impression that she is terrified. At all.

I have no idea why that is. I have always found it all unusual though. :thinking:

16 Likes

From what was posted earlier (forgot who posted it - sorry!), the AK professional provides the result of their evaluation. I assume Taylor will ask Schellhorn and Bilinkas if they dispute the AK report. And if there is no dispute by either side, Taylor has to go with the AK recommendation - correct?

3 Likes

And on this point, I would think that the possibility of a large payout would be much more likely when targeting the multi-million dollar farm and its general liability policy, vs. the dressage business and associated professional policy. But I don’t know. But would imagine there was much more coverage associated with the property.

4 Likes

I believe @ekat clarified that it is the State (Schellhorn) who actually solicits the report from the AK professionals, and then presents it to Taylor.

One would assume Schellhorn would have zero interest in disputing it. Might he coordinate with the AK professionals in the lead up to the hearing though, and speak with them as they are preparing the report? That I don’t know… but it seems possible.

Bilinkas can then challenge the report, I believe, as well as offer information about availability of support system for MB should he be released, information on living situation options, etc. That’s my understanding.

I think discretion on how to rule does lie entirely with Taylor, however. But… if the ruling seems unjust for whatever reason, I believe there is an appeals process.

5 Likes

It is my understanding both Bilinkas and Deininger are working on the Civil suits with Deininger as lead (reversed from the criminal trial).

7 Likes

Oh really? Interesting. That seems really unusual- for a criminal trial attorney to get involved in the civil litigation.

That seems to indicate they will try to relitigate the entire thing at the civil trial. Which they can.

But it definitely makes sense for Deininger to be lead this time around.

I guess the good news is that a lot of fees have already been paid, and a ton of research has already been done.

4 Likes

With AKC they can be shown agility and in all classes except conformation classes, ie Westminster as an example. So, most parti owners with show quality dogs dual register them with UKC so they can show them in conformation classes. Litters and all records of breeding partis are still recorded with AKC.

The photo you posted is of a stunning young undocked standard in a juvenile cut. Once they are 2 (I believe) they should be shown in the fancy Continental cut.

They are truly the most human like dog I’ve ever seen and generally totally amazing except grooming takes $$ or lots of time (they don’t shed BTW and they have hair rather than fur like other dog species).

Okay, enough of my side trip into spoo land!

13 Likes

I also would LOVE to have a beer with Bilinkas AND Deininger! They both seem so bright and charismatic and fascinating. Schellhorn seemed so stiff, uncomfortable and unapproachable.

9 Likes

My thought is they were thought to have the deepest pockets. Add that MB dressage would not really exist anymore once LK got her way with the criminal case, so there would nothing to get from there.

11 Likes

You mean the illegally obtained recordings her mother conveniently transcribed? I wonder where those unverified, unverified transcripts are now? I also wonder if SAL still has her alleged copy of the recordings?

10 Likes

That makes total sense to me

3 Likes

Oh wow. I missed that whole claim about her mother transcribing them all. I entered these discussions in April of 2022 once the trial got going.

That’s bizarre.

And what does SAL stand for?

2 Likes

The initials of a bestie from FB that was all over FB COTH articles with LK the first year after the shooting. Not so much after the trial.

3 Likes

Ahhhh. Thank you for clarifying:-)

3 Likes

That would be a very fun happy hour!

2 Likes