MB update

You forgot the exciting and daring writ of replevin!

1 Like

It really makes you wonder who LK thinks her audience is by claiming to know the date. Certainly LO knows when the date is because she’ll probably be there as MB’s core support system. By claiming a date, if she is wrong, all LK is doing is showing she’s full of hot air to the only people who matter.

8 Likes

The people that matter the most to LK know she is full of hot air (reminder that they refuse to believe that LK said under oath that she lies on social media) and seem to support her every whim anyway so they will not care if she gets the date right or not.

6 Likes

I disagree. They aren’t worse than they were when I was growing up. They are more difficult to dismiss thanks to the ubiquity of cell phones capable of recording interactions.

Melanin content matters in these interactions.

11 Likes

@DownYonder and @Knights_Mom -

Thank you both for walking through the possible backside financial process, in detail. It’s really enlightening.

It definitely will be interesting to see what happens if this case goes all the way through a civil trial phase.

One aspect I am curious about is possible distributions from a trust. The money might be protected while still in the trust
 but if she got regular distributions that funded her lifestyle
 would those be in play to be collected and go toward the judgement over time?

10 Likes

Doesn’t matter. The point really is that this is not the thread to nitpick erinmeri’s experience in. Not for race or what guns the police use. It was only meant to share a scary experience.

17 Likes

This!

6 Likes

I don’t know about the laws in the two possible states but judgments attach to individuals and I believe trusts may be exempt. This includes distributions is my guess.

But that judgment still follows you around. And you’ll never get a tax refund again.

5 Likes

Well, didn’t she also try to make it sound like she would be present at that hearing and testifying and having a big effect on the outcome? Personally, I will be very surprised if any part of that turns out to be true, either.

13 Likes

Yes, which is why I wonder about who she thinks the intended audience was. If it was MB’s support system
kind of stupid strategy if you ask me. If it was for some other effect, well, that would suggest to me she doesn’t actually know when it is, and if she doesn’t know when it is, then how exactly is she in touch with the prosecution and going to deliver a statement?

5 Likes

So. Many. Questions. Lol.

4 Likes

She’s not part of that hearing at all. No statements, no foot stomping.

11 Likes

No turning in circles?

10 Likes

Only permitted in ritual dance. Like a whirling dervish.

5 Likes

It seems like just another case of her wanting to sound special and important.

12 Likes

I can easily see her showing up and demanding admittance. And claiming “unfair!” when she is denied

7 Likes

I should hope all her friends at the court, ya know the judge who shared his notes with her, the DA, the police, etc. would inform her that she is not necessarily invited to this hearing.

11 Likes

I did some research out of sheer curiosity.

It does look like distributions from spendthrift and discretionary trusts in Florida will be protected and garnishment.

Uggh. This whole thing is so obnoxious.

5 Likes

The trust itself would be exempt because it doesn’t belong to LK. And, if that trust has a spendthrift clause, then the trustee is duty bound to ensure that the assets of the trust are protected from the beneficiary’s spending habits, creditors, etc. But, if that trust distributes funds to LK, and those funds are hanging out in her personal checking account, that account is wide open for asset seizure.

(Sorry, I nerd out on wills, trusts, and estates
)

14 Likes

I’m the trustee for a family trust and any bill I rack up cannot be transferred to the trusts responsibility.

6 Likes