Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

I kind of feel sorry for KK (maybe not) because it surely seems like she is living in the bizarro world. Totally oblivious to the goings on of LK, JK, RG and their plan to #finishthebastard. One can’t be that totally out of touch with reality, can they?? If so, that is really sad.

11 Likes

She sat thru the whole criminal trial, so no she can not be that out of touch with reality.

19 Likes

I’m adding “kanawreck” to my vocabulary. I shall use it as a verb, and include quotation marks.

Apologies as I don’t recall which poster coined the term earlier in the thread.

18 Likes

Contracts can be verbal and verbal contracts carry the same protections as written ones - they are just harder to prove the form.

That being said I am really at a loss to think of what legislation could possibly be beneficial to society as a whole? I hardly see a very specific law protecting clients from the meanie trainers they choose to employ as being worth congressional time. There already are laws relating to gun possession, legal tenancy, contract provisions, etc.

Wealthy people who are pissed off at someone sue that person. If there were legitimate claims to be made about the training situation, packing up and leaving with a bunch of bills unpaid and filing a nice lawsuit is far more effective at getting your way than whatever childish antics took place here.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

37 Likes

If this was baloney made up by Bilinkas, why on earth would someone answer “at one time, yes” to the question “was there a plan to destroy Michael Barisone?”

Like, on the legal record?

47 Likes

Perspective for Seeker1 to ponder.

7 Likes

Hey! She’s younger than I am

8 Likes

Whoa.

Last time I was on this thread it was a casting call and the kind of tangent that usually dribbles off into nothing. When I logged on this morning to sit down with a cup of coffee - I was suddenly 367 posts behind… and figured something must have happened.

Turns out it was someone, not something.

Once again Kanareks decide to post here (or on YouTube) and blow their case up again and apparently do not care. Seeker even denied saying things she is on record as saying - like transcribing those bombshell transcripts from the bombshell recordings.

Seeker’s posts just make me sad… sad for all involved. I am not sure what prompted this extremely ill-advised visit… complete with blatant lies about documented issues (subpeonas) and hints at threats. But if it was a deliberate attempt to make things worse (because how would this have helped?) … I guess congratulations are in order?

#sigh

30 Likes

Chronological age doesn’t always reflect mental age and not everyone ages well. There are sharp active people at 69 and others whose bodies or minds appear far more aged and not in a good way.

6 Likes

Well… there is SafeSport legislation that does speak to some forms of bullying, harassment and other abuse when it comes to coaches and athletes and power imbalances.

But… last time I checked, the Kanareks are pretty well aware that SafeSport exists.

5 Likes

The K’s have a strong case because Lauren was shot by MB. Well, atleast according to Seeker1.

I’m not saying that they have no case, but typically whenever a legal dispute/case is ongoing, one of the number one “rules” is to not talk about it or act a fool while it’s ongoing. :roll_eyes:

Honestly, I think it would’ve only helped them to stay quiet until everything was sorted. Arrogance gets the best of us sometimes, I guess :woman_shrugging:t3:

I do get wanting to be heard, but sometimes you’ve got to sit down and let the truth surface on its own. If the truth works against you or is unflattering then…that’s unfortunate I suppose.

16 Likes

Something about her seems a bit “off” to me.

13 Likes

Man, they’re all a bit “off” if we’re honest about it.

23 Likes

Everyone is a bit “off” in some way… but for the majority of us it is just a little quirk of some kind and not anything you run up the flagpole and turn a spotlight on while an orchestra plays We Are The Champions…

16 Likes

The debate about the mastectomy will be resolved during the civil trials when all of her medical records will be exposed.

I wonder if the two younger daughters are getting fed up with the continuing Kanarek nightmare that Lauren has created for years? Imagine what the sisters’ inlaws must think?

12 Likes

Out of curiosity, I took a look at the recent comments on YouTube, the 48 Hours and the True Crime videos.

All I can say is, yikes! The COTH threads are a model of civility and decorum by comparison.

Lots of people saying she deserved to be shot, that she got what was coming to her, that it’s a shame she wasn’t killed.(!) And they have called her names much more insulting than grifter.

But the Kanareks focus their opposition HERE, other than the occasional appearance of sock puppets like Clara Dobson on YouTube. And their opposition here is very much focused on rehabilitating LK as a victim.

It’s almost as if they care more about what the tiny, insular dressage community thinks of them than they do what the general public thinks of them. :thinking:

35 Likes

So why can’t collateral estoppel be used on the issue of whether MB shot LK? That was determined in the criminal trial.

I can see how responding here is much more rewarding, since as you say, the general time is civil and people do actually respond to what is written. Many people are compassionate even if not gullible

10 Likes

Maybe in reality, but not in practicality.

3 Likes

Yup. It’s noteworthy.

A thought occurs to me. @eggbutt just referenced the two other sisters. Both seem to have started nice young families (or maybe one had had two children? I’m not sure). Anyway… a basic peek at online public photos show that KK and JK appear to be enthusiastic grandparents who enjoy time with the littlest ones. Which is nice. Good for them. And pretty normal.

But that makes me think… KK and JK’s life is not 100% focused on LK. Not at all. Nor is it actually 100% focused on being a part of WellyWorld. They do have other stuff going on, that is very important to them, and utterly unrelated to the Dressage community.

But LK? She most definitely is focused on being part of WellyWorld. This is what is going on in her life. She doesn’t have a career. She isn’t married. She doesn’t have kids. She doesn’t seem to have any other major hobbies, or a big friend network. Riding dressage is pretty much “it” for her.

Sooooo… what actually is up with the recent posts from @Inigo-montoya and @Seeker1 ? Why are they so engaged with the discussion on COTH, and doubling down on several things about this case, and talking too much given the ongoing lawsuit?

It doesn’t make sense. Even if you believe they are weird disordered people who enable their adult daughter way too much… it still doesn’t make much sense.

I hope they refocus more energy on their grandkids and the healthier parts of their family.

16 Likes