Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

From the Abba clip!

4 Likes

@ekat - could you direct me to the detailed time line of events you created and posted a while ago? i’ve searched but cannot find it. Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I suspect feed.

3 Likes

Lol!

Oh boy!

GAS seems somewhat out of his depth.

7 Likes

It was here. June 7th is the date Symphony came to the farm.

12 Likes

Thank you @MorganSercu!

Here’s the downloadable version in case anyone needs it.

GAS resp to MB and SGF OPP to Mot to Bar 030923.pdf (809.3 KB)

14 Likes

Thanks a bunch! This is an awesome accounting of what happened.

6 Likes

You’re welcome, and thank you!

6 Likes

I want to narrowly focus on the following portion of ‘GAS’s’ latest reply:

"However, the issue of Lauren’s alleged provocation of Barisone was addressed ad naseum, has been the subject of cross examination and expert testimony, and has been thoroughly explored by criminal defendant Barisone. Given defendant Barisone’s thorough examination, there is no need for defendant Barisone or defendant SGF to examine the alleged provocation issue any further. Neither defendant should get a second bite at that same apple.

ln addition, neither defendant Barisone nor defendant SGF argue that Barisone was justified in shooting plaintiff. The law prohibits them from doing so. Accordingly, deadly force against Lauren was not a justifiable, plausible, or reasonable response from Barisone, despite the extent of any alleged provocation. Defendants acknowledge this legalabsolute. Therefore, the issue of plaintiffs alleged provocation of Barisone, to which Lauren already testified, is irrelevant to any issue in this civil action. Of course, defendants have the absolute right to explore all other issues of liability and damages in their deposition of Lauren.

As to defendant Barisone’s Counterclaim, it is without legal merit and plaintiff will seek its dismissal in due course. Notwithstanding, defendant Barisone already questioned plaintiff at length on her alleged provocation of Barisone and should not get another opportunity to go through the same exact areas in plaintiffs civil deposition. Defendant Barisone, in his criminal trial, with his current attorney sitting at counsel’s table, went through numerous exhibits with Lauren and questioned her for hours, specifically on her alleged provocation. These areas should not be explored again in plaintiffs civil action deposition. Defendant Barisone had its opportunity and did a thorough job. The only reason to revisit these issues would be harass and embarrass plaintiff. Defendants cannot meritoriously argue that Lauren played a role in her own shooting. Shedid not.”

Show of hands… who think a practicing attorney actually wrote this portion?

I am of the opinion that JK & LK are writing some of this stuff at this point… and GAS is just preparing it for them, signing it, and filing it with the court. The arrogance and foolishness involved in this simply boggles the mind.

25 Likes

Wow! What a waste of the client’s $$. You “often have to restate to make things clear”! For whom? It’s pretty obvious what this last ditch effort is doing. He can’t even find case law to make his point? You just can’t help yourself, can you?

17 Likes

What lawyer would allow a client to write their motions etc? That seems extremely unlikely. Why even pay a lawyer then.

3 Likes

I don’t remember it was verified that it happened, but wasn’t a claim made at some point that ICE was called on one of the workers? I don’t think it was mentioned in the trial so maybe it didn’t actually happen.

No hand raised by me! This filing reeks of desperation, but what else was anyone expecting? :thinking:

10 Likes

He’s not writing it. They are. He’s just charging them a fee to put it on his letterhead, and to file it for them.

I REALLY hope oral arguments are scheduled for next Friday. I REALLY hope they are live-streamed. I am REALLY curious as to how GAS presents this stuff when trying to argue it in person…

Poor bastard. He’s going to look like a mammoth Jack A$$.

12 Likes

Perhaps JK negotiated a work exchange arrangement.

On a more serious note: If I were the K’s I would make sure everyone is a Florida resident and start preparing for bankruptcy.

16 Likes

She made so many claims about the facility workers - they weren’t paid, KK made them breakfast, they all loved LK more, typical Kanarek bluster.

6 Likes

I’ve read that here, but haven’t seen it anywhere else. Yet.

4 Likes

I know when my narcissistic immediate family member, who also used to be a corporate attorney, went through a divorce about ten years ago…

He prepared the majority of his own motions, and his actual divorce attorney just proofread them and filed them. It was pretty messy and obnoxious, but he did reduce his attorneys fees SUBSTANTIALLY. The divorce situation was insane because the other side involved in it was also crazy and unreasonable… so the eventual outcome wasn’t impacted too much by this nonsense.

4 Likes

I think it’s too late for JK & KK. I believe they have to be a Florida resident for a full year before the suit in order to get that homestead exemption. If they are impleaded with respect to MB’s counterclaims… their NJ home is at risk. They’ve lived there since the early 90’s. I wonder if their whole mortgage is paid off? That seems possible.

4 Likes