Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

I have to imagine with the Krol hearing coming up that Michael has to have a lot on his mind. Even with no new GoFundMe updates, it still seems like if you are the type to do such things, now would be a good time to send Michael a card or note just to say hi.
I found the mailing address on the GoFundMe. For those interested here is the address:

Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital
ATTN: Michael Barisone Unit E2
59 Koch Avenue
Morris Plains, NJ 07950

21 Likes

Same

1 Like

The New Yorker had an article on it- (late Jan issue).
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/01/23/the-corrupt-world-behind-the-murdaugh-murders?

3 Likes

It sounds to me like he did try to get her out. Not saying he’s blameless, because clearly he was a major player in the campaign if harassment and terror against MB and his family. But I think he saw the writing on the wall and did try to encourage her to leave before things got worse.

6 Likes

He may have, but he and KK created a monster through their enabling, that anyone could have told them would be out of their control if they kept it up.
So encouraging her in this nonsense was just more poor choices on their parts.

But I think there’s also an element of LK being cut from the same cloth, so in that sense they, especially JK, probably can’t help themselves.

JKs demeanor, his comments on the 48Hours episode only underscore that for me.

I would really like to understand why, now that his involvement is clear in these bits of evidence, he’s not part of the suit.

28 Likes

It’s still a mystery why her father handles all of her affairs. Is he her employee? How many 30-40 year old women do you know who have their father this involved in their life? Add RG’s role of stable hand, maid, cook, chauffeur, and surveillance expert. Just weird.

22 Likes

Patience grasshopper! Mom & Dad might be added eventually! Both seem to be involved in the SS report and who knows what else.

8 Likes

My guess (and it’s only a guess) - because he was one step removed from the physical scene. He may be able to argue that he was simply jollying her along, not actually serious. I wouldn’t believe him, but others might. :woman_shrugging:t4:

Lauren could have acted differently. She has free will and as an adult could have exercised better judgment (stop laughing! It’s theoretically possible!) [RG] could have told her no, he wouldn’t plant recording devices; no, he wouldn’t be part of her plan but for his own reasons participated. As he has no assets, no point in suing him.

5 Likes

OMG! I used to board right around the corner from the Kriz farm. I remember the Clydesdales and at one point they had some longhorn cattle that freaked our horses out!

3 Likes

I have no doubt they have all the details on how involved he was. It may be very complicated, though. It will be interesting to see how they handle him, and what MBs goals are.

9 Likes

Memories. :heart: We were a group of four couples, great friends. On Thursday nights the men went out for their night, and we women would get st… I mean relaxed and watch Kung Fu.

10 Likes

Such a strange man with an even stranger death. I had never heard of ropes around genitals and neck before his death! Who does that?

2 Likes

People into bondage, etc?

4 Likes

I think some people slowly slide into greater degrees of behaviors when they need more [drugs/autoerotic stimulation/food/whatever it is they want] to satisfy the craving. His death was strange and sad.

4 Likes

Not the ones who take it seriously. Consent and safety are paramount.

4 Likes

Another tangent

As a wee young intern I treated some of the Grants Farm Clydes and the Bush Polo Ponies. My bosses usually did the Clydesdales and I was relegated to the Polo Ponies.

5 Likes

This is some sort of autoerotica. Something about lack of oxygen and increased arousal. I am not googling it though.

7 Likes

I made the mistake of googling TENS once

3 Likes

Don’t. It is super-disturbing and dangerous.

2 Likes

Eek. Who are we talking about?

I’m trying to catch up, but I need more context for this post. The ones immediately preceding it were discussing JK. :confused:

4 Likes