Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Mr Stone is asking that both subpoenas be quashed. He has several different reasons, not just one.

In the case of Barisone as a defendant. a primary reason to quash that particular subpoena is that collateral estoppel applies to the issue of whether MB shot LK.

Mr Stone did not assert that collateral estoppel applies with respect to SGF as a defendant.

Re bolded: Mr Stone has formally raised the issue of collateral estoppel with respect to Barisone. What is Deininger waiting for in failing to address it?

I didn’t even know there was such a thing. Who knew?? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’ve said numerous times that I’m not a lawyer. I’m not even lawyer-adjacent like you and Ekat.

Why do you think I would not make a good lawyer?

Yes, track 2 is what I’m referring to. It looks like there has been 6 discovery extensions. The number of discovery days is deceiving because this case was stayed while the criminal proceedings were ongoing. So the meter continued to run even though nothing happened for multiple years.

5 Likes

You are wrong. But you must be used to that by now.

The subpoena for Kirby Kanarek (@Seeker1) from Mr. Deininger has to do with the wire taping counter claim. Collateral Estoppel has absolutely nothing to do with that. Period.

Tossing a subject into a motion to quash (after the deadline for a subpoena on someone who is not your client) is not filing a motion to use collateral estoppel. Even you know that I am sure.

#jonathankanarek
#kirbykanarek
#laurenkanarek
#lalapoprider
#liars
#prooftheyareliars
#contempt

20 Likes

Extortion. Where have I heard that word before? :thinking:

:grinning:

Now I remember

12 Likes

My family is puts the “fun” in dysfunctional, and is still nowhere as screwed up or destructive as the KKrew.

21 Likes

I cannot even imagine initiating those discussions in front of witnesses.

But obviously these people do plenty of things that I cannot imagine.

22 Likes

It is pretty deceiving in this case. Too bad they couldn’t reset when the stay was lifted or something.

2 Likes

Not related to this case here is a very interesting RICO case out of Pennsylvania involving 2 dentists and their dental group.

Posting in case anyone is curious.

10 Likes

I cannot fathom why they would each individually tell an attorney they know has represented Michael, that they don’t hold Michael responsible two weeks before Lauren Kanarek is going to testify against him.

Even harder for me to imagine, they knew they had this pending civil suit. Did it occur to any of them how those statements will look in front of the civil jury? The plaintiff is going to say what? Yes, I sued him but I was only talking when I said he’s not at fault, this person I didn’t sue is?

It’s mind boggling.

36 Likes

Further complicated by Covid I bet where I know our courts suspended the clock.

2 Likes

Truly! All of it.

Even more so, since it sounded like Mr. Tarshis had been a good friend of MB’s for many years, not just a lawyer who represented him at one point.

Did they think that would mean he was more or less likely to be swayed? :thinking:

9 Likes

Also a good point.

3 Likes

Certainly a stunning incident.

8 Likes

If the K’s grossly misrepresented RG’s licensure (the now defunct LLC and deleted claims that LK was behind it’s formation come to mind) when they made arrangements for his renovation work…would that fit the definition of racketeering?

10 Likes

I don’t know.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I believe it’s automated. It’s just how long the case has been “open” in the court system. Another way of applying pressure to judges to move things along. Which most of them ignore unless they get a talking to by the assignment judge.

5 Likes

They were sure it was going to be a guilty verdict and was probably one last desperate attempt to get MHG on the hook….

14 Likes

My state did a system wide efile adjustment if I’m not mistaken. The chief judge we had at that time did all sorts of crazy things in furtherance of her Supreme Court aspirations.

2 Likes