Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

You’re correct, @trubandloki .

The subpoena issued by Deininger to KK has nothing to do with defending Barisone against LKs suit for injury.

The subpoena issued by Deininger is related solely to Barisone’s counter suit, as opposed to his defense against LKs suit.

It seems likely that collateral estoppel will apply to the issue of whether Barisone shot LK.

Embrace the dork. Be one with the dork.

Thank you for bringing up an interesting topic.

1 Like

Because you don’t know the law? I mean…same. I would be a terrible lawyer.

ETA: sorry, sometimes I think I’m funny.

11 Likes

15 Likes

Thanks for this info. Very helpful, and eye opening.

2 Likes

You are wrong on this part too, but you are allowed to think this if it makes you happy to think it.
I am sure if GAS wants to try to go that route we will get to read lots of great filings by Mr. Deininger, all filled with supporting evidence and lots of facts, unlike the stuff we have seen from GAS to this point.

15 Likes

In the comments section on utube covering the trial non horse people were directed to go to COTH by other posters.
I thought that was a little weird.

1 Like

This forum was mentioned in one of the pro Lauren Kanarek puff pieces that was published.
So I do not find it weird at all that random people on the internet, not horse people, know that there is stuff about the case here.
I believe that article is one that Lauren Kanarek actually likes too.

18 Likes

Why did you think it was weird?

11 Likes

:rofl: The Chronicle Forums have been mentioned in many articles - wasn’t it mentioned in Sarah Nir’s original article?

@Dragonfly90 are you continuing the accusation that posters here are posting on YT to “lure” people here? But, if so, who cares?

Maybe The Chronicle itself has been luring people to increase advertising clicks! /s

I really don’t understand the flustered scramble to deflect focus from the filings. I suspect more information will continue to trickle as the trial gets closer. It might help if the Kanareks complied with the subpoenas so Deininger and Silver can stop filing more motions to obtain the information the Kanareks bragged about having and distributing!

24 Likes

It is kind of sad because there is quite a bit of interesting reading in the filings done by Mr. Silver and Mr. Deininger. Those texts are quite interesting. The part from Mr. Tarshis is just crazy.

22 Likes

Does anyone else think GAS wasn’t aware of what he was getting into?

15 Likes

It felt like the person was recruiting new members for the bathrobe gang, the person they encouraged
to join COTH was definitely trashing LK, so to me it was weird thing .
If others feel that is appropriate that’s good. Moving on.

1 Like

On Deininger’s subpoena, Stone’s main argument is that everyone already has all the audios from discovery in the criminal trial.

Given that, I agree with Stone that the transcripts would merely be duplication.

Well, if I intended to become a lawyer, I’d have to go to law school and pass the bar, thereby learning the law.

KnightsMom seemed to be suggesting that I didn’t have the aptitude to become a lawyer.

So some random stranger on Youtube does not like Lauren Kanarek has read one of the articles about COTH so came here and read our ramblings (do not have to join to read) and it has to be people here recruiting?

I don’t know how it would not be appropriate for someone to say ‘go read here’ to someone else.

It is kind of funny that some how anyone on the whole internet who does not like Lauren Kanarek some how is assumed to be one of the people here that is posting.

25 Likes

Please don’t let this thread get derailed by 2 posters. We don’t need 1,000 posts discussing the same old same old. Just scroll on by. :grimacing:

42 Likes

So you are proving that you did not read the latest filings where there is proof that they did not get all the recordings?

And having the recordings in no way shows what Kirby Kanarek (@Seeker1) said in her transcript, does it?

23 Likes

Just a joke on my end, I don’t know why KM said that. As I said, sometimes I think I’m funny. I’m usually not.

5 Likes

Apparently CH doesn’t get it that there may be - probably IS - a difference between the content of the recordings and the content of the transcripts that KK did. And KK’s transcripts were what was sent to SS. They therefore are a crucial piece of evidence regarding MB’s claim that LK was trying to destroy his reputation and his livelihood. I hope CD keeps pounding on that fact until he gets UNALTERED copies of KK’s transcripts.

29 Likes