Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

I’m gonna need someone to name their horse Cool Quarter Million.

14 Likes

I’m shopping for a show name for my new horse….

8 Likes

John Wayne

1 Like

I’m in. Will we need more upscale bathrobes?

5 Likes

Sidebar, of course.

15 Likes

I’m sorry that I’m so dense, but does this mean that she can redact portions or edit some of the video of her deposition and the defense can’t have it?

1 Like

Name Redacted

11 Likes

I can do the manifesto but we will have to have a meeting to decide what goes into it! I gotta make some scratch somehow, since COTH is not all that willing to pay me!

10 Likes

No.

Nagel was asking basically to protect her from going to NJ. And Sceusi granted the video deposition.

If you look at some of the past filings in this case, you see they also used that protective order to keep some evidence from the Prosecutor’s Office from being public record.

No one has actually asked the court to limit her deposition yet (beyond travel). And that would be beyond bizarre if they did.

The defense (specifically SGF) has requested the deposition. They’ll pay for the videos and transcripts and stuff. None of that generally becomes public until the trial.

(Edit: didn’t mean to sound snippy. I apologize if it comes across this way…)

18 Likes

Not at all! I really, really, appreciate your answer :slightly_smiling_face:!

I’m just bad at this and fear I’ll never pass the COTH bar exam :grimacing:!

14 Likes

My PSG* mini donk is available.

*Pretty Sweet Gelding

37 Likes

I may just take him. I’m having a rough start with the new guy….

3 Likes

He’s an amazing lesson pony, er, donkey. I got my Aluminum Medal on him in just two shows, plus totally dominated Small Ass Tour one season.

43 Likes

But is he sound?

1 Like

Welllll, he’s sound but tends towards lateral at the collected walk, has a two(!)-beat canter and throws himself on the ground when aggravated. He’ll make you work for it.

28 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m ready for a full-length standup set by @HoolieB at this point.

:rofl:

16 Likes

I read that as “Smart Ass Tour”

13 Likes

That could be fun, too.

3 Likes

From what I read online, NJ leaned into online videos during COVID, plus was using them prior to covid, and has set up guidelines for them, If I recall what I read. The trick is to make sure there is a certified videographer present, as well as a certified clerk for the transcription present as well, as the clerk may or may not certify the deposition, but the videographer will, or something like that. If the videoed deposition is not certified correctly, it may not be able to be used in the actual trial, although could still be used as reference for the attorneys for their investigation. I’m sure D&B are aware of the needs for correct procedures in a videoed deposition.

https://www.njcourts.gov/attorneys/rules-of-court/depositions-upon-oral-examination

3 Likes