Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

OK, Lazaret.

In the case of the Supreme Court, they’re referred to as opinions, decisions and rulings, and they become part of the law.

That’s quite different from the meaning of “opinion” on a discussion board.

1. So what do you think I think the term collateral estoppel means?

It is my opinion that it is not clear whether collateral estoppel will successfully be used in the civil case on the specific issue of whether MB shot LK.

1. Is it your position as a lawyer who understands the principle of collateral estoppel that you know for certain that it won’t be used?Or do you have the same position as I do as a non lawyer, that it’s complicated and it’s not clear whether it will apply or not?

2. Even if collateral estoppel does not apply, do you think Barisone’s defense will try to relitigate the issue of whether Jr shot her? I don’t.

I’m very interested in learning your responses to those three questions, Lazaret.

I haven’t read the article, but eww.

Talk about moving the goalposts in a gross, disgusting way.

So the Catholic Church has decided they get to just ignore the entire field of science that classifies things as mammals, not fish?

7 Likes

I think she is referring to Dr. Simring’s testimony, actually.

It would be interesting to go back and watch and see what the PRECISE testimony was…

3 Likes

Sea Lion, making annoying noise.

Note the ears.

8 Likes

They did it a long time ago and haven’t removed it (1500’s? 1700’s? It’s foggy).

But back to the Catholic Church situation. Sometime between the 1500s and 1700s, Venezuelan clergymen asked the Vatican to make a special exception. When they found a capybara lived in water, had webbed feet, and even tasted like fish, they felt that it might be an interesting option. The Catholic Church wrote back and even agreed to make an exception and classify it, not as a giant aquatic rodent, but instead as a fish.

But honestly, is anyone surprised? The same Catholic Church that condemned Galileo for heresy for stating that Earth moves around the sun? They didn’t rescind that until 1992.

This was the second time that Galileo was in the hot seat for refusing to accept Church orthodoxy that the Earth was the immovable center of the universe: In 1616, he had been forbidden from holding or defending his beliefs. In the 1633 interrogation, Galileo denied that he “held” belief in the Copernican view but continued to write about the issue and evidence as a means of “discussion” rather than belief. The Church had decided the idea that the sun moved around the Earth was an absolute fact of scripture that could not be disputed, despite the fact that scientists had known for centuries that the Earth was not the center of the universe.

This time, Galileo’s technical argument didn’t win the day. On June 22, 1633, the Church handed down the following order: “We pronounce, judge, and declare, that you, the said Galileo… have rendered yourself vehemently suspected by this Holy Office of heresy, that is, of having believed and held the doctrine (which is false and contrary to the Holy and Divine Scriptures) that the sun is the center of the world, and that it does not move from east to west, and that the earth does move, and is not the center of the world.”

9 Likes

I wonder if their apparent inability to grasp that very obvious fact is similar to their apparent inability to grasp the very obvious fact that she needed to just pack up and leave the farm in New Jersey.

11 Likes

Asked but not answered. Several times.

13 Likes

Yes because Kanareks always think they’re being clever. IMO

8 Likes

I don’t remember who posted Clara Dobson’sYT comments here (plus the address showing Kirby Kanarek), but thankful that they did that now that they have been deleted. Too bad the commenters there didn’t know who it was as they would have loved to interact with her.

18 Likes

Your question is flawed because it follows paragraphs that demonstrate a fundamental lack of understanding of Mr Deininger’s motion and exhibits, which have noting at all to do with Jonathan Kanarek.

36 Likes

I may have posted this story here before. But years and years ago, I stopped to help a turtle across the street in Wellington. He was pretty big, and he was not very appreciative of my help. But I picked him up and moved him across the street anyway.

It was only an hour later that I realized I actually had a shovel in the back of my truck that would have worked perfectly for that task, instead of risking getting my fingers bitten off.

So I didn’t even remember I had a shovel in the back of my own truck! Lol.

11 Likes

At this point, the judge has ruled that the current subpoenas do not need to be responded to for another two months.

In the meantime, there may be depositions in which the people deposed may be asked, under oath, whether specific items exist but have not been turned over, and whether the despondent(?) has the item.

I can imagine that if these issues are explored in depositions, the various attorneys would file motions updating their position on the subpoenas.

I could not think of an alternative explanation of why the judge would put off ruling on the compel/contempt motions. What is your interpretation of the additional two month delay?

1 Like

@ekat, GAS filed a motion today and my phone won’t me post it.

7 Likes

I don’t get it. I am surprised any lawyer will represent Lauren (or Mom or Dad). This end around, social media scorched earth policy is not going to work. My mind is blown :exploding_head:.
Susan

8 Likes

As someone who teaches anatomy and physiology, both seals and eagles have ears.
They do not have external pinnae, though.

33 Likes

Hm. The more you know.

6 Likes

You mean this one?

9 Likes

Now there’s a great phrase…

9 Likes

Hopefully ekat can post motion soon. It looks like GAS wants to bar the defense about asking about provacation since it was asked in the trial.

6 Likes

No, it wasn’t the prosecution psychiatrist, who you belittle with the label Dr Moustsche.

It was the defense psychiatrist, Simring, who said that MB got the gun out of the safe and drove with it to the residence.

3 Likes