Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Yes. I was speaking as to visual parts. For easy remembering.

6 Likes

More exaggerations and lies, still no recordings and transcripts proving a murder plot.

6 Likes

Relax. The guy had an enormous mustache. Giving him a nickname? It’s not a big deal.

13 Likes

If I may, from Black’s Law Dictionary:

Collateral estopple doctrine. Prior judgement between same parties on different cause of action is an estoppel as to those matters in issue or points controverted, on determination of which finds or verdict was rendered. E.I. duPont de Nemours Co v Union Carbide Corp., DC1ll., 250 F.Sup. 816, 819. When an issue of ultimate fact has been determined by a valid judgment, that issue cannot be again litigated between the same parties in future litigation. City of St Joseph v. Johnson, Mo. App., 539 S.W .2d 784, 785.

As a bar to relitigating an issue which has already been tried between the same parties or their privies, it must be pleaded affirmatively. Fed.R. Ciil P. 8©. It is applicable to criminal cases. Ashe v Swenson, 397 U.S. 436, 443-444, 90 S.Ct. 1189, 1194, 25 L.Ed.2d 469.

4 Likes

Well that does not make any sense, if they do not discuss provocation then how do they determine who is at fault?
That is so funny.

13 Likes

The comments are still there, embedded in replies to primary comments.

5 Likes

WHAT?

They want to constrain MBs attorneys as to what they can ask during LK’s deposition?

That’s unusual, isn’t it?

6 Likes

I am just getting home from taking old man dog to his regularly scheduled appointment. Needed a few minutes to get everyone settled.

GAS is seeking to limit what LK can be questioned on in her deposition. Good times!

GAS Motion to Bar 030123.pdf (10.4 MB)

27 Likes

Thanks @ekat!

2 Likes

Thank you @ekat for taking your time to download that for us.

Legal smart people, are they even allowed to do that? I thought depositions are wide open?

Add, the judge has said - I am ignoring you for two months, figure this out on your own - and now GAS does this. How will this work?

2 Likes

Sure. All innocent people want that.

I have a deposition in April. I don’t care what they ask even though some will be insulting. But I’m not hiding anything so there’s that.

25 Likes

What would the motivation(s) be behind such a filing/attempt to bar?

3 Likes

If they allow it, can the jury see the transcripts?

I am looking forward to our legal peep’s take on this!

1 Like

Exhibit A includes a transcript of LK and RG entire testimony!

9 Likes

Anything submitted as evidence will be available to the jury.

6 Likes

I am also interested to hear what the brilliant legal minds have to say about this.

I’m betting they will decline to answer. They tend to decline to answer when the answer is unpleasant for the EIM.

1 Like

Looks like someone is trolling for free legal advice to me.

24 Likes

MB having been provoked does not excuse his shooting her.

By having shot her, he’s liable regardless of whether he was provoked or not.

It’s just the EIM narrative that LK was at fault for provoking MB or for not leaving. Neither of those things is a legitimate legal excuse for MB shooting her.

1 Like

From my armchair understanding, they could ask her anything that may pertain to the case. If she’s so smart and good at 8D chess, she should be able to navigate her way though just fine. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Maybe they (LK and her legal team) feel it was already covered in the criminal case, but this ain’t the criminal case, this is the civil case, filed by them, where they’ve been less than forthcoming (weird). I do think the have a penchant for playing games or thinking that they have some sort of super strategy.

Who knows, I am but a mere pleb.

12 Likes

It’s included on his judgment of acquittal. Typically, those run concurrent.

8 Likes