Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

at least you agree that LK & RG were cyberstalking MHG’s children.

29 Likes

If LK and RG were sending MHG’s kids friend requests, and “liking” the kid’s online posts…

Then the kids (and by extension MHG and MB) would have known that LK and RG were cyberstalking them.

My experience is that it is NOT normal or acceptable for an adult who has a significant ongoing conflict with the parents of a minor to try and go around that parent, and befriend the minor themselves on social media. Absolutely not OK behavior.

19 Likes

I think one was 13. I’m not sure about the other.

2 Likes

100% NOT ok

2 Likes

Sending friend requests and liking posts is not necessarily cyberstalking. It would depend on the circumstances.

MHG would have known about any friend requests to the kids if she had been monitoring their SM accounts.

No, not necessarily. I’m just pointing out that that passage did not indicate that MHG would have known about any cyperstalking prior to the shooting, if such cyperstalkimg happened.

So if it wasn’t an attempt to target MHG’s kids online as part of an escalation in a feud… what was it?

15 Likes

You might need to get some eyeglasses since you absolutely did not put any such caveat in your first comment. Feel free to go back and edit for clarity.

22 Likes

Omg.

So on top of everything else that was MHG’s fault, by your reckoning, she was also to blame if she was not monitoring her kids’ social media accounts closely enough? :woman_facepalming:

39 Likes

What does SafeSport have to say about adults sending FB requests to minors?

30 Likes

I can imagine that it might have nothing to say about RG, since he was probably not a member of USEF himself. And thus not under under the parameters of safe sport.

LK might be a different story.

10 Likes

Yet another example of the value of quoting for posterity.

11 Likes

Did Robert Goodwin testify that he acts under her direction? If so, then shouldn’t Lauren Kanarek be censured by USEF and/or SafeSport?

14 Likes

Yes. Although I predict there could be yet another looming trip under the bus for RG on the subject.

11 Likes

Screenshots are better. Get 'em before they are edited or deleted.

11 Likes

True.

3 Likes

You are correct, BC. I did not have any such caveat in my first comment. I added the caveat in response to your post.

He’s just lying there. All they have to do is put it into reverse.

7 Likes

The issue was whether MHG knew about the friend requests
(If they actually occurred) prior to the shooting. If she had been monitoring her children’s SM pages, she would have. If she hadn’t been, she might not know.

I am not assigning blame to MHG if she wasn’t monitoring, just saying that she might not know of the friend requests if she hadn’t been monitoring.

Well…

Adult trainers are not supposed to friend minor clients on social media, even if there is a positive relationship. They also aren’t supposed to send one on one texts to minors… they should copy the parent on any communications. This is part of the MAAP guidelines though, I think.

13 Likes