Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Sorry, I speak for the entire AQHA association when I say we do not want her. 30 plus year member here, so I am taking the liberty to speak for the entire registry! We got enough crazy over here!

Skijoring. There must be an organization for that! Or maybe the barrel babes will take her. They are a new level of crazy!

35 Likes

The Murdaugh Murders podcast by Mandy Matney is better. Don’t overlook the Cup of Justice ones too. There was a lot that was edited out of the Netflix version.

Radio/podcasts are a better medium in a lot of ways. Cost, for example!

ETA - Consider this little nugget about Alex, for example.

“The insurance money was supposed to be for the housekeeper’s children, one of whom is mentally disabled and lived in a trailer. Instead of giving her children any of the money, Murdaugh kept all $4M while the housekeeper’s son’s trailer was repo’d because he couldn’t make the payments.”

6 Likes

Someone who has been on a substance like suboxone for 10 years is not someone who is sober. It is an addict who has traded their illegal addiction for a prescription addiction. It is someone who should be in an extensive treatment program, receiving detox medical care and therapy, to be able to function as a human being in the recovery process.

Sounds to me, that just like her dressage career, LK does not want to show up and do the hard work.

Because yes, addiction recovery and sobriety is very hard work.

28 Likes

I am noticing a certain stench of desperation in the air lately, with a couple regular posters here as well as the appearance of certain parental units.

They are becoming nastier and nastier.

Wonder what has them in such a panic???

The looming civil trial?

The fact that all the nastiness involved with the KKlan will be on full display for all the world to see?

The fact that most people see a plan to “FINISH THE BASTARD” as something ugly and nefarious, and that anyone who proposes such a thing is someone you do not want in your barn, as a training customer or in your world?

The fact that Lollypop has become persona non grata in the dressage world as the result of her plans to take down the queen and “FINISH THE BASTARD”?

The reality that all actions have consequences?

I love the smell of desperation in the morning!

32 Likes

She should get into the mini horse showing world.

8 Likes

I do sense a shift in tone lately.

It’s very interesting.

11 Likes

Do you hate the people with minis? :thinking:

23 Likes

While I was scanning LK’s testimony, I saw where she talked about first meeting MB and his invitation to her to come to NJ.

(I’m paraphrasing what she said he told her.) “Come to NJ. You can stay on the farm. You won’t need to find housing off the farm. You will love it”.

Remember that MB did not want to include RG in that deal (I can’t remember where/when I read that). It leads me to think that MB thought LK would be living with the working students! Oops! Nope! Not if daddy could help it!

The rest is history.

7 Likes

Eau d’Esperation. The scent of panic.

12 Likes

A “good” mini could take her down!
Note the Stinkeye:

20 Likes

I feel like those italics should probably be bigger or bolder or flaming orange or something.

10 Likes

That seems to be a novel concept for some people.

8 Likes

She can’t afford a top AQHA Western Pleasure horse and the annual outfits to compete. Of course the shuffle along trot and lope would be her speed.

7 Likes

Western dressage seems like the obvious answer

6 Likes

Yes and his law firm was so embarrassed by this fact they gave the family over $2 million as an apology.

2 Likes

Also, and I am not remembering this clearly, wasn’t this at the time that the police were called because two of the children said that RG was threatening them. There was a lot of anxiety around RG’s continued presence at that time.

13 Likes

I did not follow that whole thing at all, but according to this article, the family legacy seems pretty shady.

2 Likes

Yep, that was August 1st. Just two days before Robert Goodwin was doing internet searches for MHG’s kids’ location(s) on his phone.

23 Likes

I’m wondering if that was supposed to be a temporary or sporadic housing situation, like one of the other’s testified to. She’d come in for a couple of weeks and then go home. LK did brag about continuing to rent her NC home the entire time.

Why do you rent a place where you are no longer living?

11 Likes

That is an entertaining thought.

3 Likes