Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

That’s the other great thing about the helmet cam. It is for sure the only way I’m going to get that view over those obstacles. Lol.

11 Likes

We weren’t talking to you.

16 Likes

The jumps I find alarming are the very narrow ones and the corner jumps. Also the jumps you take at an angle.

I’ve ridden eventing courses. In fact I rocked the amoeba levels! Move over Boyd!

Seriously I once did a course of about 3 ft and I will never do that again. I rode someone’s 10 year old eventer mare. She was wonderful and packed me.

19 Likes

No one cares if you’re bored or what you think.

25 Likes

If you didn’t care, you wouldn’t make comments and use my name when I’m doing other things.

For sure, the obstacles look, very, very, very different from when I used to event a little bit as a kid. And I’m sure they also look a lot bigger in person!

6 Likes

My last horse was an eventer, an oldenburg. His dam was a granddaughter of Secretariat. I always had ex race horses, and this guy was blast, even if he hadn’t been on the track (and wouldn’t, he was a cross with a german warmblood jumper). He was a real performance horse, and was initially bought as a youngster by an olympic eventer as a potential horse for one of her up and coming students. He went lame and they could never find the cause, and she sold him to a girl I knew online for about 6k, who put him out in a field for four years and didn’t do anything with him. I got him age 9, and he was unsound, but I repaired his feet and he was compltely sound. That horse would jump anything. First time I felt confident approaching anything, he didn’t have a stop in him. We would bang through the woods over streams and over stone walls. I remember plunging up this hill, meeting a stone wall, where the path on the other side ran parallell to the wall, so, it was like a “T” where we went over the wall and had to turn 90 degrees. We went up over the wall, he saw the path, rocked back on his haunches, picked up his front end, turned and powered on. It was like riding a locomotive, and I loved every minute of it. I had to travel for work, so I gave him to my trainer’s daughter who was a GP dressage rider, because she wanted to “learn” eventing, and she took him to one of the great event teachers in Lyme CT, and evented him Training and one Prelim. Just watching him was a lesson in eventing. He would stand in the box and you could see him picking the jumps out of the course in the woods ahead of him, figuring it all out before he was let loose, then in slow motion, just launch. Here he is. He would go crazy watching the horses go past his paddock to work in the indoor, because he loved to work, and wanted to go with them. Such a work ethic. Love that boy.

56 Likes

Oh he is dreamy! He looks so happy and keen to be on course.

10 Likes

I ended up never going back to Connecticut, and gave him to my trainer, and her daughter, who trained him in dressage up to third level, where they stopped, saying that he needed hock maintenance and he would have a longer happier carreer doing lessons and short leases with her advanced students and he still is, now 21. He was a horse which would take a joke - once. AFter that, you were on the ground. You have to ride him correctly, and ask correctly. If you ask wrong, he objects by just dipping out from under you and leaving back to the barn. Quite the character. His name is Airborne. I called him Buddy. He was a lover on the ground, and a partner to ride.

34 Likes

Oh yeah he has that real deal look!

9 Likes

SO keen! LIke “OK, This is what I know! Let me loose, mama!”

7 Likes

Have to show him off

33 Likes

Also, how cute was it when Boyd purred at his horse around the one minute mark in the video?!?

9 Likes

Oh, I know! But he was relentless, clicking him on after every jump. I forget, in Eventing, is the best time the winner, or the closest to an ideal time the winner?

1 Like

I believe you just get time penalties for going over the time allowed, or for jumping faults in the cross country and the stadium phase. I think the ideal is to finish on your dressage score with no penalties/faults from either jumping phase.

Plus, as exhausted as I was just from watching that video, it was probably not even half the length of a full cross country course. I’m guessing the actual jumping part was maybe around 4 1/2 or 5 minutes, and I think at the big event at the Kentucky Horse Park, the cross country course usually takes something like 10 or 11 minutes if you are under the time allowed.

Those horses have to be very fit! Along with the riders.

9 Likes

I watched then needed to take a nap LOL

6 Likes

Did anyone check Boyd’s page and see him in his post-ride ice bath? My gosh that takes dedication.

I almost said some bad words over those jumps.

10 Likes

W-w-w-why does he take a post ride ice bath? For soreness?

3 Likes

I could use a link to Boyd’s page, yanno

2 Likes

Where’s the Wow! button?! What a stunner :star_struck:

4 Likes