Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

I want to add that he ran them very successfully and per his friend’s testimony, was unusual in that he had millions in assets.

Then along came Lauren Shay Kanarek, Robert Guy Goodwin and others.

33 Likes

That could be another possible reason why they changed attorneys. Nagel wasn’t handling everything himself and was instead passing some stuff off to another attorney in the firm who wasn’t “the name on the door.”

GAS, however, is “the name on the door.” Not only is his name part of the firm’s official name, but he is also the managing partner - IOW, “the big dog.”

8 Likes

Excellent, Minnie! :100:

4 Likes

Wow.

2 Likes

Thank you for your clear and accurate post @minnie!

5 Likes

This is the post that say’s “I rest my case”. No more need be said! Great job Minnie!

22 Likes

And that witness was not just his friend, but also his lawyer. So he should have pretty solid information on the subject.

Light bulb- Could that be why LK was so determined to ride with him in the first place? :thinking::bulb::thinking:

15 Likes

Eyeballing his net worth? I wouldn’t dismiss it as something that was known by members of the family. I’m certain it made training with MB even more enticing.

4 Likes

Ha, I almost posted something along the same lines earlier. Could be that LK/JK recognized (and coveted) MB’s wealth, and also recognized he might be vulnerable to being gaslighted, taunted, intimidated, and threatened due to the fact that he had been under long term care of a mental health professional because of his abusive childhood and was stressed about the hit he took financially when his marriage broke up. (And didn’t LK made some taunting post about the meds he was taking?)

So LK/JK started turning up the pressure on him and RG went along for the gag (because like a good man-servant, he does what he is told). I am not sure how they thought they were going to tap into MB’s wealth unless it was simply a matter of getting to stay (for free) as residents in the big house at HH and keep 3-5 extra horses there (for free). Or they could have been planning to sue him for “breach of contract” when he stopped training LK and turned her over to MHG and JH - assuming that he would pay them off just to get rid of them. (And why not - he is WEALTHY! :roll_eyes:)

8 Likes

Well, this is pretty evident from the released texts. I assume somewhere there is discussion for $200k.

11 Likes

Yes, she did. I think it was all scrubbed in The Great Delete, but I know I addressed it directly and obliquely a few times. Exactly how did she know his meds? Why would she be snooping through his medicine cabinet? I don’t think she said it was for depression, but instead for a PD and I pointed out that Lamictal is used off-label for some patients with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) but I hadn’t heard of any for Anti-Social Personality Disorder or others.

8 Likes

Quoting the above as it speaks to predatory behavior from the Kanerwrecks. So many why’s that just dont add up.

9 Likes

I feel like once again it bears repeating: A reasonable person would’ve moved their horses and relocated and then sued for breach of contract.

26 Likes

Didn’t LK crow about having access to the office, where the safe full of documents were, and about her ability to forge… Or did I dream that?

12 Likes

Maybe he was targeted from the beginning. From the start.

9 Likes

Nope, not a dream. Per her testimony, under oath, she texted Dad and Robert Goodwin on July 11 that she had access to his office and contracts and whatever they needed.

31 Likes

I just checked e-courts and sadly no response yet to the motion to limit deposition.

5 Likes

I take lamictal! I was told I have “bipolar tendencies” and my antidepressant needed a boost.

ETA: I have chronic depression and anxiety.

10 Likes

At this point, my assumption is that they are waiting until after Wednesday’s Krol hearing.

5 Likes

Isn’t there a time limit on how long they have to respond?

3 Likes