Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Those are very lucky law students. You have the most wonderful ability to explain complex (to me) legal concepts so that the ordinary, I.e. IANAL person understands them.

20 Likes

Good point. That sure would be a good thing. It would be nice if someone found a way to remind Judge Taylor that there are rules and that he seems to ignore them on a whim.

7 Likes

I, and others, tried!

2 Likes

Well, with that family, there is likely to be cameras or at least a microphone…

4 Likes

18 Likes

Not just unfathomable but inexcusable. Inexcusable for LK and RG to be doing it, and inexcusable for anyone to try to “justify” it.

24 Likes

Understatement.

1 Like

That is fancy!

2 Likes

It would hold a big group!

2 Likes

I call Box Stall!!!

:horse: of course

12 Likes

Where is Mandy Matney when we need her? (I am sure the Murdaugh side trials will keep her Cup of Justice busy enough…)

5 Likes

I’m thinking we need a bigger one to accommodate all the robes and such…

19 Likes

We do want to bring our best robes! What is the weather like in NJ?

4 Likes

Tomorrow looks like a high of 47 and sunny.
I think I’ll bring this robe as it looks dressy enough to wear to dinner.

15 Likes

That would be beautiful accessorized with a string of clutchable pearls and a pair of clean muck boots!

27 Likes

Oh yes! Good eye!

3 Likes

He doesn’t set the budget or staffing. That is the state legislature, not a judge. For that matter, NJ has been critically short judges as well, including a Supreme Court judge.

1 Like

Since Judge Taylor committed MB to Greystone for treatment, and Greystone has not provided that treatment, are they not in contempt of court? I would think the judge would be most unhappy with those who completely ignore his instructions.

29 Likes

Then he shouldn’t send people there and require their recovery to gain their release.
It’s impossible to do.

25 Likes

Question for the legal peeps. Apologies if this has already been discussed. Will anyone on Team MB; i.e. lawyers, doctors, nurses, MB himself be given the opportunity to present an argument at the Krol hearing that he be released for private treatment since he’s not receiving the court ordered treatment at Greystone? Or will Judge Taylor just shuffle the papers and make a unilateral decision to keep him there?

Edited for spelling.

10 Likes