Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

I am imagining being a fly on the wall at the Morris County Courthouse. There’s lots of teeth gnashing and angry stares. The hallway has a heavy, tense atmosphere with lots of glaring and frowns. Buzzing around I don’t see any Elderly Illegal Mob type people hanging around. I do see a tremendous amount of hypocrisy throughout the building. Flying off now to find a nice doughnut or bowl of soup to ruin!

16 Likes

I have apparently been carefully plotting a really elaborate ‘smear’ attempt on JK for over a decade /s

27 Likes

The Semi Professional Dance thing apparently involves a dance studio for kids.

4 Likes

Can you(g) search LinkedIn using only a LAST name?

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

6 Likes

I did not look at it for the last couple of hours, but right now the New Jersey Court website still does not have a live stream listed for Morris county.

I can’t imagine the whole day in that court room would be devoted to things that are not open to the public, but maybe it’s possible.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree.

I wonder how providing the transcripts and recordings to the defense attorneys is going? Maybe those various lost-in-the-mail envelopes will suddenly appear at the different law offices!!

Raise your hand if you think Lauren will attempt another delay rather than being deposed? :wave:

12 Likes

:wave:

I think she is going to suddenly get “sick” and have to reschedule.

14 Likes

It’s actually common now apparently, https://www.npr.org/2022/03/27/1088140809/fake-linkedin-profiles

2 Likes

But yet you cannot see self defense as a possibility? Interesting

16 Likes

I respectfully do not concur.

I think that following the money is key to understanding quite a bit about the whole situation.

I think it is VERY strange that the source of the funds that support LK’s lifestyle is so incredibly opaque.

13 Likes

Yes. There are two Kanareks in Livingston, NJ.
Looks like I have a mutual connection with Kirby.
:flushed:

8 Likes

So much for the usual assertions of some kind of evil plot/conspiracy. The fixation on this profile is a bit weird to me. JK could have started it 12 years ago, committed a typo and never went back to it. Nothing nefarious there. No matter how much it gets spun.

I have a Linked In profile I have not touched for about the same amount of time. I just checked - it is still there. Incomplete and in hibernation. OMG - maybe it is a sign of a conspiracy of some kind against me!

Only… not.

One must be a 3 year old Thoroughbred and win The Preakness to win the prestigious Woodlawn Vase. But the winner gets a half-size replica…

20 Likes

assumptions assumptions. tsk tsk.

You have no idea if it is fake or not. Use that self-proclaimed “Euclidean mind” of yours to consider that sometimes people (particularly less computer savvy ones) start a profile, but get side tracked and fail to complete it. Months or years later, they want to update their Linkedin and have lost the login or no longer have access to the email that the original account was created. So they abandon the original profile and start a new one.

This exact thing happened to a senior level co-worker of mine. She rarely updated her Linkedin and totally forgot that she had an old ‘draft’ profile. Since it was tied to an old work email address that she no longer had access to, she could not login and delete it. She had to contact Linkedin corporate and go through a whole rigmarole to prove identity to get the old profile deleted.

11 Likes

I don’t. I mean, really, why do you care? He did work for EF Hutton, however long ago. Maybe he was incredibly successful in the stock market. That’s where Warren Buffett’s money comes from. There are a lot of wealthy people who don’t work - they just live off of savvy investments. I am not one of those, alas. I wish I could afford 1 horse in Welly World. Sigh. Not today.

8 Likes

Why don’t you take a break from COTH and find out?

15 Likes

Was it common when that JK profile was set up in 2011? Twelve years ago?

6 Likes

Interesting link. Thanks for sharing.

I didn’t see anything about being able to backdate the creation date of a profile though. I think 2011 was well before this whole “bot” and fake profile trend.

To me… the ‘Jonthan Kanarek’ profile looks like he might have started to create one on Linked In years ago… and then abandoned it for some reason when it was only partially completed.

4 Likes

I explained why I care in a prior portion of the comments you quoted.

3 Likes