Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

It seems as if you’re more likely to get a copy if you don’t issue a subpoena.

She’s probably going to overnight one to Greystone first thing in the morning.

8 Likes

Well… anyone want to guess whether or not we will see any responses to GAS’s motion tomorrow?

I bet there will be a response filed soon. Maybe from Silver first.

4 Likes

Ask your friend, IM, to explain it to you. Mkay?

4 Likes

Pssst.

IM won’t even talk to CH.

It’s so sad. He acts like she doesn’t exist.

17 Likes

You’re underestimating the sheer ego of some judges. Recusing himself would be a “mark” agai st Taylor, plus it would mean more work for a colleague, who would probably not appreciate that.

This isn’t to say that your supposition can in no way be true, but there is more than one explaination.

27 Likes

She is obviously following this board as well, with her comment about posters discussing the case and one another still to this day.

19 Likes

No.

You’re the only one who has claimed that there is an order preventing LK or anyone from discussing MHG.

I would think that based on first amendment issues, it would be very difficult to get a court order preventing someone from “discussing” MHG.

It sounds like you’re declining to stand by your claim. You’re resorting to insinuation rather than clear statements.

I don’t believe there is any court order preventing LK from discussing MHG.

1 Like

Many people know about a no contact order MHG has against the Kanareks preventing them from speaking about or contacting her or her children. The order has been in effect for several years and her large support circle has known since it was put in effect. It has not been a secret and is common knowledge in the Wellington and North Carolina areas.

And, I don’t care whether you believe anything I’ve ever said. Unlike others I don’t lie and if you’d been following the threads from the beginning you would know that.

25 Likes

Bilinkas lost the other big trial. It was a public defender who successfully appealed the verdict based on Taylor’s incorrect instructions to the jury.

But… the fact remains that there was a major trial involving Bilinkas and Taylor…

And the verdict related to that trial was overturned because of an error on Taylor’s part.

I’m sure Taylor remembers that, and it may very well be a factor in his agitation with respect to Bilinkas.

20 Likes

Is Taylor insinuating MB was malingering at the trial?

Is Nancy Jaffer a reader of CoTH forums? It appears so :joy:

2 Likes

Do judges really act like that? I thought they were all buddy buddy and understood work was work?

1 Like

Some judges are like that.

5 Likes

I assume that judges are generally reluctant to recuse themselves, especially from ongoing cases, but for Judge Taylor to deny MB his right to a closed Krol hearing, where the topic is the state of his mental health, is appalling to me.

39 Likes

Soooo… a criminal trial and related legal proceedings question.

Let’s say MBs attorneys’ appeal of Taylor’s Krol hearing rulings end up being successful, and MB is released.

Does MB have any recourse with respect to attorneys fees he has spent on this? In a civil trial he would potentially get legal fees back from the other side. But is there any recourse in the criminal system? What about with Krol hearing errors?

4 Likes

Yea.

His rationale… as detailed in the Nancy Jaffer article… made little legal sense.

10 Likes

Nope. (Other than people donating to his cause). He will be out everything he owes (or paid) to Mr Bilinkas and Mr Deininger, plus whatever the appellate attorney(s) charge.

9 Likes

The waves of annoyance and even contempt coming off Taylor during the trial were pretty obvious, if you can read body language.

24 Likes

Or even, you know… English.

20 Likes

Legal peeps, how long would the appellate process take?
When looking at the calendar for the Appellate Division, there were quite a few civil commitments listed. I did not see a way to access the case information. Some were initials so it looked like it could be kept private.

It is hard on us non legal peeps to learn the criminal justice system AND civil cases AND now the appellate court!

4 Likes