Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Well darn, paragraph #2 is just as good as paragraph #1! Go Mr. Silver!

24 Likes

There are several priceless statements in this filing! Wow! Just WOW!

24 Likes

Dang, I have to leave for a medical appt. I will be chomping at the bit in anticipation of getting back home and reading Silver’s new filing!

4 Likes

So true…so very true!

2 Likes

Well well well.

Mr. Silver just took a Howitzer to the idea that collateral estoppel applies to LKs deposition.

I find this very interesting.

28 Likes

29 Likes

They can give $16000 annually to whomever they wish AND they can give another $16000 to a couple (I suspect married but I don’t know if that has to be case or if it can be to a jointly held account or something). It’s a handy way to spend down your estate prior to death or other circumstances so the state or nursing home doesn’t get it all.

As of January 2023, the annual gift tax exclusion amount has increased to $17,000 . That is the amount you can gift to any one person each year free of any tax implications.

4 Likes

It can be a married couple, or… it could hypothetically be LK, and a child of LK… if she actually had a child.

And… I think the gift limit is over 16 k now. I believe it’s almost 20k. But I’m not positive.

ETA: I see. You found it. It’s now 17 k. I think my brain is confusing Roth limits with gifting limits :upside_down_face:

1 Like

With matching mask, no less?

2 Likes

I agree!

I wonder how our posters here who have been insisting on collateral estoppel all along will respond to this.

18 Likes

Another filing by Silver that is a thing of beauty.

21 Likes

I would pay to watch him depose Miss Kanarek.

37 Likes

I appreciate the fact that in her article, Nancy Jaffer described the online discussion with the phrase ad infinitum rather than ad nauseam. Lol.

“Even a year after the trial, social media is still buzzing about the Barisone matter, with people dissecting the case ad infinitum. During the trial, the people posting were endlessly critiquing the judge, the witnesses and each other, and they continue to do so.”

10 Likes

I am living for this sentence :joy:

46 Likes

Me too. And then when he’s done, Mr Bilinkas and Mr Deininger get their turn.

28 Likes

I wonder which poster is actually Nancy Jaffer? :rofl:

10 Likes

Page 5 paragraph 3

Yes it can. Just watch

I am in love

21 Likes

Inigo in the house.

7 Likes

Reading the brief probably!

1 Like

Oh girl me too