Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

And if they have nothing to hide, why is she on the delay bus?

21 Likes

Louder for the people in the back…

42 Likes

Wow, that opening paragraph. Now that’s what I call a bombshell.

17 Likes

She may not even need to file a return

FWIW income she receives as a gift is not reportable by her as long as it is below the gift limit.
If her family pays expenses for horses they own she does not have to report that as income as long as they are not paying her to ride.
If she lives in a house they own she does not have to pay tax on the value of that rent as long as they are not deducting the house as a rental

5 Likes

Oh look, I do believe this one says that LK created the situation. Not one mention of MHG.

33 Likes

I’m still just generally interested in what responsibilities SGF beared in respect to protecting LK, by law.

10 Likes

All very true. But…she still has to prove her claim of lost income with something.

15 Likes

Ripe for dismissal.

Poor GAS. I wonder if he has quit via text message yet?

14 Likes

It appears SGF is still interested in that, too!

12 Likes

From a filing on October 12, I found the below - I really thought there was more said

There are myriad problems with Mr. Kanarek’s email. Setting aside the fact that Mr.
Kanarek’s email is an improper attempt at ex parte communication1
, and setting aside the baseless
character attacks on the undersigned counsel and Mr. Deininger, the fact of the matter is that Mr.
Kanarek’s email does not settle the issues before the Court. In fact, the email does not even address
the issues before the Court.

14 Likes

Yes indeed. I don’t think she will be able to do it any more than she will be able to prove she has lost the opportunity to go to the Olympics

7 Likes

This must be professionally embarrassing for him.

I wonder if he has other cases in front of Judge Weaver right now? This whole thing doesn’t make him look very good…

10 Likes

Yes, that was from the civil suit, and Judge Sceusi. Thanks for checking! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

And…drumroll please…here’s Mr Deininger’s response…

MB OPP GAS Mot to Bar 030923.pdf (2.9 MB)

31 Likes

So Deininger wants to make oral arguments on 03/17?

I wonder if the hearing will be live-streamed?

6 Likes

That is an unfair statement about the defense team “not asking questions and/or fully explore issues” . . . They would have if not been shut down by Judge Taylor many times.

8 Likes

I read this as “Before you go flouncing off, we have a few hundred questions to ask you”:

20 Likes

That had not even occurred to me. Lol.

Also, for whoever referenced Schoolhouse Rock within the last day or two. I have not actually watched this yet. I feel like it will probably be another example of something that is not improved by the update. But I could be wrong.

4 Likes

In the Attorney Deininger page listed above, any idea what “Facebook fee” should actually be?

I like how the K clan is basically complimenting MB’s legal team there. Nice hat tip. Lol.

5 Likes