Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Yup. In the law game you file everything and anything in hopes something catches.

8 Likes

Yep. Even our small cross section of CoTH know that LK has multiple harassment incidents in her past.

25 Likes

An attorney would never use first names. EVER

24 Likes

Yes.

I have to go back and look, but does he ever say “my client” ?

2 Likes

I seem to recollect it being mentioned one time that her former mother in law had a restraining order against Lollypop.

7 Likes

Ok. I went back and looked at the latest letter. GAS does not use the phrase “my client.” Not even once.

However… he does repeatedly refer to her as “Lauren.” I highlighted in yellow all the times he did this.

After re-reading it, I suspect @Inigo-Montoya drafted this letter. That is how it reads to me.

Maybe IM will grace us all with his presence and clarify if he helped draft the letter.

25 Likes

Not succinct and not to the point. Regurgitated word salad. Three plus pages of repetitive declarations, I worked with folks who were masters at crafting the written word.

35 Likes

You know, it’s weird how that last sentence makes it sound like Lauren isn’t the plaintiff.

“Plaintiff will produce Lauren voluntarily for her deposition.”. Is this a find and replace from another letter?

38 Likes

Yeah, that’s weird.

16 Likes

That caught my attention too :thinking:

9 Likes

What’s that quote about writing a long letter? Sorry it’s so long, i didn’t have time to write a shorter letter…

12 Likes

No better time than now to re-state that I don’t know if Barisone shot LK. Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t. So much is still murky. What I do know is that the more that comes out about the behind the scenes machinations on the part of LK and her ilk, the worse it looks for her… no matter what the squawkers would have us believe. And said squawking and the baseless filings just make her look worse.

I don’t think anyone deserves to be shot unless they are actively threatening someone else’s life. I think one of my first Barisone thread posts said as much and referenced pitch forks… in defense of Lauren.

Thing is, there is quite a bit of evidence here now that suggests such a thing MAY have been happening on August 7th. He WAS terribly beaten and bitten and the witness accounts don’t line up. Unlike others, I am not convinced of that scenario, but I haven’t excluded it as plausible either.

AND even if it wasn’t what happened, there is plenty of evidence that the plaintiff set about enacting a campaign specifically designed to ruin someone and did so through means I personally find terrifying.

As someone with mental health struggles of my own, I can imagine how such a campaign could push someone over the edge. I have dealt with far less harassment in the past that has pushed me from a place of function and happiness and peace to utter dysfunction and paranoia. It was scary.

Would any reasonable person be surprised that someone with underlying mental health conditions snapped under the pressure she was exerting? I think not. Most reasonable people would be horrified.

I cannot imagine what MB went through as a result of this campaign. It’s unfathomable. No wonder LK is trying to exclude her actions as much as possible… they make her look diabolical and culpable.

This doesn’t mean I condone or excuse him shooting her if that’s what happened. It means that it’s entirely understandable that her unreasonable, unsociable and downright psychopathic behavior could clearly have contributed in a VERY significant way towards his losing his mind to most rational people.

End soapbox. Lol.

Edited for grammar. Typo. Mea culpa.

44 Likes

Plaintiff is currently searching for someone named Lauren to produce…. :wink:

39 Likes

Now that I’ve re-read it, that dis-association between plaintiff and Lauren happens throughout. Very weird way to write that, i have trouble seeing a veteran attorney doing that.

28 Likes

It was a very quick turnaround time for a law firm with a lot of other cases going on, I would think.

7 Likes

Odd!!!

4 Likes

LK lawyer may be referring to Plaintiff/Client as Lauren to make her sound more sympathetic…

5 Likes

But at this stage, when there is no jury, doesn’t that just make them sound unprofessional? I think so. I see why it might work with a jury.

12 Likes

It would seem it is once again time to ignore the postings of certain people. Still a no win situation with them and do we really need hundreds of posts dealing with them over and over? I think probably not.

21 Likes

Clearly this is my MO. lol. I do tend towards the verbose.

3 Likes