Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Good point Erin.

This letter is meant to persuade a judge.

The judge cares about legal arguments. Factual exhibits. Citations of relevant code. Citations of possible precedent.

I don’t mean to be cold… but the judge really shouldn’t be basing rulings on a sense of personal connection, and feelings of sympathy for either the plaintiff or the defendant in this case. Just my opinion.

9 Likes

Not sure what there is to explain other than there must be some very interesting evidence on that report to:

1. compel Silver to include it as an exhibit in his filing
  2. cause the court to redact it before posting it on the eCourts site.

Question is, what kind of LexisNexis report was it? A credit report? A consumer disclosure report? An Accurint report? Full File Disclosure Report?

I found this interesting info about LexisNexis.

LexisNexis pulls data from a plethora of sources including public safety records, financial services organizations, collection agencies, local, state, and federal government, etc.It then builds its various reports based on the data.

LexisNexis uses a unique identifier called LexID. LexID connects ALL the data that pertains
to you, both positive and negative. This information comes from documents such as
marriage and divorce records, court records, pilot records, firearms licenses, and
more. No matter where you go, LexisNexis knows, because of LexID.

LexisNexis has access to millions and millions of address and phone number records. It can also access information on mortgages, speeding tickets, and criminal records. And it can access
bankruptcy records, military records, and evictions. This data is not usually accessible
on credit reports. That alone makes LexisNexis unique.
This is information beyond how you pay your bills. It goes to aspects of your life such
as the kind of home you own (if any). It covers where you have worked during your
entire life. And it even shows whether you have licenses for everything from owning
a gun to flying a plane. Plus, LexisNexis works with Equifax to create a PowerView
Score. This score is used to determine among other things if you are a creditworthy car buyer.

Another thing about LexID and various LexisNexis products is that it can link together all your names in its various combinations - John Jefferson Majors, John Majors, John J Majors, JJ Majors, Jeff Majors, etc, and even known aliases. And it also links all your discovered email accounts, phone numbers, physical and mailing addresses, and more, which makes it very, very hard for someone to “hide.”

I believe there is also a LexisNexis product that links known associates via emails, phone records, addresses, etc., and is used by Homeland Security and other LE organizations in investigations of high level crimes such as terrorism, kidnapping and human trafficking, narcotics trafficking, weapons trafficking, money laundering, etc. And may also be used by LE to link individuals involved in wire fraud, wiretapping, and interstate crimes.

So depending on what is in that report, it could be a very, very interesting revelation.

12 Likes

I will now crawl back into my hole and berate myself for having participated in these threads. Because that’s what anxiety and depression look like without someone trying to destroy you, Carry on!

10 Likes

Hugs. I hope spring weather and increasing sunshine helps you feel a little better. I know more sunshine helps me at this time of year.

9 Likes

They were there to see it? If not, they are either guessing or going on the word of a pair of liars and grifters.

24 Likes

LexisNexis is also a legal research tool that attorneys use frequently and often researching case law, other cases, etc…

16 Likes

A father who was trying to write as though he was an attorney for the plaintiff and not actually the father of the plaintiff?

That might explain all the inconsistency and disassociated aspects of the writing.

Especially if he decided to turn it around really fast, only completed one draft with little proofreading, and asked GAS to just go ahead and sign and submit it today.

Yikes.

7 Likes

So it truly could be… Anything.
Kinda worse than hinting at one thing, frankly.

*I wasn’t aware of what Lexis Nexis was… Dim memory I couldn’t retrieve, so thanks!

2 Likes

Waiving your diagnoses and treatments to date for a criminal trial doean’t mean you have waived the right to privacy on those same diagnoses in perpetuity.

Otherwise I would have no right to keep private my ongoing treatment after I discussed my cancer diagnosis and treatment since the chemo/mastectomy/radiation ended x years ago.

He is a patient and his medical treatment is still covered by HIPAA. Taylor’s beliefs otherwise notwithstanding. He shouldn’t have carte blanche to practice medicine from the bench.

36 Likes

If they were witnesses they should have been called to testify at the trial.

ETA - I’m addressing the embedded quote in your post.

3 Likes

Hmmm…written by someone related to said Plaintiff?

4 Likes

Or any medicine, for that matter.

8 Likes

I removed it entirely.

2 Likes

Would this ever happen? —> giving the jury members a binder of say a few thousands of LK’s social media posts for them to peruse during the trial.

2 Likes

It would certainly be the opposite of not letting them take notes during the criminal trial.

3 Likes

I believe not. The jury would only get to see exhibits that were admitted into evidence during trial.

4 Likes

Good point! I had forgotten about that whole other division of LN and was thinking mostly of the division that is primarily focused on risk mitigation.

3 Likes

Funny how we go with what we know. I am far more familiar with the legal research tools.

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t the social media posts be admitted into evidence?

1 Like

And to add to my post above about LexisNexis - it also has a product that links all your social media accounts together via LexID. And if you create an alter for one platform and your alter is proven to be you - either by your own admission or by legal/LE means, then the alter is also linked to you - again making it hard to hide on SM platforms, esp. from legal action.

5 Likes