Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Testified to by LE and by RC. I’ve wondered why he wasn’t called as a witness.

I think I probably edit everything i post! I’m just an impatient Polly!

5 Likes

You’d think the prosecution would have wanted another eye witness… Maybe he’ll be one for the civil trial!

7 Likes

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Tragically behind, once again, but I noticed this in his last filing as well.

One of my pet peeves in legal documents is when there is a defined term or party and then the drafter does not use that term consistently throughout the rest of the document.

Here not only does he not use ‘plaintiff’ after identifying Lauren Kanarek as such, instead switching back and forth willy nilly between ‘plaintiff’ and her given name (wha??!!), at the end of both documents he claims that ‘plaintiff will reproduce Lauren’ (last filing) and ‘plaintiff will produce Lauren’ which reads as though plaintiff and Lauren are two different parties altogether.

29 Likes

Not only that, but lack of supporting evidence and any citations whatsoever does not = succinct. It does, however = lacking substance.

Like when you were in primary school and had to write a book report but hadn’t actually read the book so your report was short but no one would have threatened to call it succinct. :rofl:

34 Likes

@FitzE

Can you believe the use of the 1st name?

Who does that?

12 Likes

Yeah, it makes me twitch when he does that.

10 Likes

AKA, how many times can I write the same paragraph in a different way! :laughing:

16 Likes

Or jamming a million words onto the first line, and hoping the teacher would just multiply that to determine the total number of words instead of actually counting all of them? Lol.

5 Likes

And with no case citations to back any of that mess up? It’s so odd.

8 Likes

Case citations regarding collateral estoppel being applied in this way? They don’t exist.

12 Likes

Indeed. :laughing:

ETA: I’m learning so much from the wise ones here.

5 Likes

That’s not a problem, creative applications of law can be fun; it’s the not even trying to use any that’s sad.

11 Likes

Hut, these posts of yours about MHG’s father checking everything out are as accurate as your posts about what the thoracic surgeon said, what Mr. Tarshis said, and so many other things.

28 Likes

I believe most of the LN products offered through the risk mitigation end of the business are aimed at LE, public safety, private investigators, corporate security, etc. The user has to have a paid account with LN. The general public would not be able to create an account for “casual” searches because they wouldn’t be able to demonstrate a “permissible purpose.”

However - yes, if a PI has an approved account with LN that allows use of a product that uses the SM linking tool, then I believe from what I have read that they could find all known SM accounts for a particular individual. Again, the different accounts have to be KNOWN or proven to be linked to the same individual - and my assumption is that most SM platforms are going to try to block the use of such tools to find links between accounts or personas unless presented with a court order. So again, it isn’t a tool used for casual searching but rather for investigating criminal activity.

Also, I am thinking mostly of the products/tools offered through the risk mitigation end of the business. The ones that support the legal profession may have other usage rules, although I would assume privacy rules come into play there, too.

3 Likes

I am always surprised when the Kanareks continue to show us who they are. The delaying, denying, deflecting, continued volatile posts on SM after almost a full year. In a way it is fascinating and a situation for textbooks. They don’t seem to have a handle on reality in many instances. Although I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting JK, I know several who have and I have no doubt he is complicit in the plan to destroy Barisone and MH. What on earth was their goal, particularly as they ramped up their plans?

The contrast between the Kanareks and Barisone and his close inner circle is astounding, isn’t it?

Why didn’t she just leave?

24 Likes

Well, she did announce via SM that she has multiple personalities. Maybe she has GAS convinced that the plaintiff and Lauren are in fact two different parties. :upside_down_face:

35 Likes

Did she say she was diagnosed with DID?

1 Like

FWIW, there was a new court notice posted overnight. It is regarding the Case Management proceeding scheduled with Judge Mediator Eisner on March 28.

8 Likes