Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Yes, but it often seems more like she does so out of pretension, in the self-important sense of being pretentious, than the collective personalities inhabiting one body sense.

18 Likes

No they do not. Which is why I doubt the multiple personalities. I see her stating that she has multiple personalities as a tried and true tactic she uses IMO. A tactic to instill fear in others. Just like she does threatening to sue.

The signs and behaviors of malignant narcissism are evident. And to me the personality has been consistent and embroiled in this narcissism.

12 Likes

People with NPD don’t typically claim to have any sort of mental health/personality disorders. They claim they are perfect. That’s a fundamental facet of NPD.

But… it is not uncommon for people with an axis 2 disorder to have a combination diagnosis of sorts. For example… Narcissistic Personality Disorder with Borderline features. Borderline Personality Disorder with Narcissistic features. Narcissistic Personality Disorder with Antisocial features. Antisocial Personality Disorder with Narcissistic features.

My impression of Lollypop’s social media declarations concerning having multiple personalities (as well as other weird social media declarations, like the whole ‘weapons hot’ thing, etc etc) … is that it is all mostly an attempt to intimidate and frighten other people. In my opinion… that is the sort of posting behavior someone with Antisocial Personality Disorder might engage in.

Another thing… people with APD? They lie. Lying is a thing with most of the axis 2 disorders… but it’s ‘next level’ when it comes to antisocial personality disorder people.

17 Likes

I think it’s like ‘the royal we’ with her though.

The Kanareks are sort of like the Windsors… only different. :upside_down_face:

17 Likes

But…but…but…what about the kewl quarter million award/settlement from RC that was cackled about upthread??? Dare I call into question the verisimilitude of those posts?

13 Likes

I just read Lara’s update on the GFM site. Wow, what utter incompetence from Greystone and what hubris from Judge Taylor to say he doesn’t think the public thinks he’s biased.

Kinda embarrassed for the state of NJ at the moment, truth be told.

30 Likes

Wow. Great word. You must have done well on your SATs.

I think “verisimilitude” applies to multiple explanations and posts that a select group of individuals make about this case…

Here’s what Merriam-Webster has to say about the word:

verisimilitude

noun

: the quality or state of being verisimilar

: something verisimilar

From its roots, verisimilitude means basically “similarity to the truth”. Most fiction writers and filmmakers aim at some kind of verisimilitude to give their stories an air of reality. They need not show something actually true, or even very common, but simply something believable. A mass of good details in a play, novel, painting, or film may add verisimilitude. A spy novel without some verisimilitude won’t interest many readers, but a fantastical novel may not even attempt to seem true to life.

9 Likes

Sidebar (heh): my word choices are heavily influenced by the writing of the late, great Barbara Mertz/Barbara Michaels/Elizabeth Peters.

10 Likes

15 Likes

Good one! Maybe it should be added to the bingo card. :laughing:

4 Likes

I could have sworn there was a screenshot posted here or on one of the other threads where she said, “I’m a narcissist and I have multiple personalities.”

I believe it was part of one of her intimidation/threat posts either here or on SM.

Does anyone else remember it, or am I conflating several different posts?

1 Like

Being really curious and thankfully ignorant of familiarity with law suit filings, I asked two attorney friends here in NC about using a plaintiff or defendant’s first name in any document. Both said, “never, ever, never” are documents that casual because it shows unprofessionalism, and, the documents live on forever. If an attorney wants to humanize a client, they do so during the trial in front of the jury.

I now believe the last filing was a product of JK’s doing.

28 Likes

And another sidebar regarding my posts upthread about SM linking - I just ran across a blurb about a tool used by LE, PIs, and DA offices to maximize insights into evidence captured via social media search warrants.

Among the benefits:
• Converts thousands of PDF pages into a concise, readable timeline
• Seamlessly incorporates private messages (DMs) and SM posts into case evidence
• Enables rapid search & flagging of warrant return evidence
• Maps relationships to identify co-conspirators and witnesses
• Reveals facts you didn’t know were there

I am not sure who provides the tool though. I just did a cursory scan of the info and it looks like it was for a webinar for LE and private investigators.

6 Likes

And you are certainly not alone in that belief!

I wonder how long GAS is going to put up with being humiliated by Silver and Deininger for the sophomoric filings drafted by a non-practicing attorney, but signed and filed under his (Stone’s) name.

7 Likes

Yes. Never ever ever would the first name be used like that.

6 Likes

I do believe that LK has referenced her multiple personalities before, but I do not recall her ever referring to herself as a narcissist.

4 Likes

Well, if Stone really is writing the document, I wouldn’t blame him if he assigns authorship to someone else!

3 Likes

It could be. And as someone posted upthread, narcissists rarely acknowledge that they have that condition. They are so narcissistic that they believe they are perfect.

But since all her behavior points to an extreme form of narcissism, if she said it, it was probably not so much an admission on her part but rather because she wanted to use that term to add weight to a threat.

3 Likes

That she actually testified to in the trial - about one of her FB posts that she included #bipolar and #narcissist.

18 Likes

Is that illegal? Don’t most of these filings have a page that basically says I, the undersigned, swear I wrote this?

1 Like