Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

As I explained the other day, NJ Court of Appeals cases aren’t public record until a decision has been rendered.

The best you can hope for is to see it when it appears on the calendar for arguments, on an average of 9-10 months after filing (or the verdict in the underlying issue).

29 Likes

But, I was not there. And Jonathan Kanarek @Inigo-montoya still has not answered my question about why he thinks it is funny to make people homeless. He said he would.

:question:

I guess I am not as creative as you are because I read what you quoted and I do not see how you get what Eggbutt posted means anything about LO.
LO did update the Go Fund Me.
For example, I assume EB mentioned Jonathan Kanarek and his lovely wife Kirby Kanarek (@Seeker1) were at the hearing because of the posts Jonathan made here about him planning to see me (when he thought I was LO) there. I think that is how most people took that. And it appears that Jonathan Kanarek and Kirby Kanarek go pretty much everywhere together. I mean, look at the filing by Mr. Tarshis, where the whole family approached him at that social gathering.

20 Likes

Thank you, Ekat.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

No it would not necessarily appear because it’s not filed with that court. In fact the civil court is not notified that an appeal is filed unless the filing of the appeal requires a fee paid.

And no, it’s not necessarily public. Our appeals were not public.

3 Likes

Different court

New Docket number

6 Likes

I did WHAT???

19 Likes

Did you read the latest update on the Go Fund Me?

This was covered there.

The Krol hearing was postponed but the hearings for some other matters still happened.

Does reading the Go Fund Me count as ongoing communications with LO?

28 Likes

CH does love to imply and stretch. I guess that is fair play since I refuse to believe she is not in contact with the Kanareks.

19 Likes

I know @ekat already gave you a short repeat version of their longer post.
Here is a link to their longer post in case you want to read everything that Ekat posted on the topic.

6 Likes

True! If there is a court date regarding Barisone, Mom and Dad will be there to urge Taylor on. What a shame they can’t comply with subpoenas as quickly as they respond to Barisone’s appearances. Anyone want to guess how long it will take one of them to approach Michael when he is finally free to resume the life Lauren Kanarek delightfully destroyed along with many others.

10 Likes

9-10 months for the appeal? Or the results to be posted?

I guess I have ongoing communications with LO, too, because I read the GFM updates. Imagine that.

21 Likes

File an appeal, wait on average 9-10 months for oral arguments to be heard, then wait…until…the appellate court issues their opinion at some point in time afterwards.

The appellate process is very unwieldy everywhere, not just NJ. 9-10 months is lightning fast compared to what I’ve seen in my state.

10 Likes

Hey @CurrentlyHorseless - just for you!

16 Likes

I remember that

5 Likes

I was just speculating and yes I could be wrong, but it apparently is not out of the possibility for a “professional” attorney to purposely do so. It seems to me an indirect and more subtle way to humanize your Plaintiff without putting exclamation marks next to what you are doing. Judges are people too. And this guy is a litigator-that is what they do.

And I just cannot imagine this attorney signing documents not drafted by someone in his firm and reviewed and accepted by him. I don’t see where he would be protected from a malpractice claim from LK if he blindly signed, as his own, something his client wrote that was legally incorrect and compromised a case. He on the hook I would think if signed it as the attorney. He would in the least have to have done an independent vetting (and likely rewriting) of any thing submitted to him/his firm for filing.

8 Likes

I want to comment on this list.

Here is the thing…

If this situation were not so crazy sad/horrible, this list would be funny.

And do not get me wrong, I have said from the beginning NODTGS.

But as the evidence keeps piling up, it is more and more and more clear that Michael Barisone seems to get shafted over and over and over again, because one middle aged ammy rider did not get her way and her family is all for getting their way at all costs.

The police department failed horribly. They failed both sides. If this was the slam dunk case that the prosecution (and you) wanted it to be, all it would have taken is those officers to do a slightly more inline with modern standards forensic work and their slam dunk would have happened. Or if the police had listened to both sides during all those calls, none of this would have happened.

The list could go on, but truly, what is happening is horrible for everyone.

A side note, I do not see where anyone has stated that the actions of the building inspectors were unfair except for the guy who admitted in court that he didn’t notify Michael that Lauren Kanarek and Robert Guy Goodwin were allowed back in.

The true world of the Kanarek family is coming out, and we all know that is not what they wanted.
(Darn those texts are horrible, and we know that is just a small bit of them.)
And there is no doubt how much this has messed up Michael’s life.

30 Likes

Attorneys don’t do it. I’ve read thousands of papers from 3 different types of court and have never seen it. Not just using first name alone.

As for the term “counselor” that is the name you call an attorney. Court staff uses it all the time. Often in a snide way.

5 Likes

It’s almost like the internal Fox texts and emails in the Dominion lawsuit wrt how bad it makes them look.

25 Likes