Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

I can’t understand the weight placed on youtube comments in this thread. Cracks me up.

3 Likes

Can’t appeals by made on an emergent basis? Why appeal the Sept Krol hearing and wait up to a year, when a new Krol hearing is scheduled for April?

I suppose the appeal will ask for Taylor to be removed, and they wanted to show that they had asked him to recuse himself.

Why did Deininger say Taylor should be removed due to public perception that he disagreed with the verdict as opposed to alleged actual bias?

I know. It’s like who cares? It is nice to realize it’s not just us who know mb and Lk and that the greater wide world picked out her sociopathy too, but honestly.

What I thought was funny was how CH claimed she didn’t read YT comments, or law ND crime comments, but then declares she knows what the non coth community thinks. How can you, possibly?

26 Likes

Speaking of horrible judges, I just read this shocking article about a judge and was dismayed so little can be done about it:

7 Likes

Your conclusion is incorrect.

NJ RULE 3:19-2 - Acquittal by Reason of Insanity provides that R 4:74-7 be followed, except for persons acquitted of murder by being found NGRI.

NJ RULE 4:74-7 - Civil Commitment – Adults states that all hearings are held in camera (privately), unless specified otherwise in NJ RULE 3:19-2. As R 3:19-2 only makes exceptions for those acquitted of murder, the hearings should be held in camera, not in open court under the law.

So, no, NJ law actually states the opposite of what you believe it does.

See R 4:74-7(e):

See R 3:19-2:

18 Likes

I was not there. I have no idea what was actually said. But, I am guessing there are far more said than that.

I think this is one of those things that you file and hope by the time it gets around to your case that the situation is resolved. But if you never start the process, you never get heard. No one knows what Judge Taylor is going to do at the next Krol hearing.

Stupid but accurate analogy.
You call the emergency vet, they say the wait if four hours. Your choice is put your pet’s name on the list so that in four hours they can be seen if by some chance they are not all better by then anyway, or don’t put your name on the list and figure out four hours later that your pet is still not feeling well.

6 Likes

I have no idea what NJ would consider an emergent basis, but where I familiar, that wouldn’t be it. What I’m used to, the appellate court considers emergent as something that is happening mid-trial, for example that needs a ruling NOW so the trial can continue.

I don’t understand your second question, exactly, but generally, yep, that’s how appeals work. File it, get in line, and maybe you’ll have something before a future hearing date.

(Sorry, I forgot to post your question here)

Maybe? Typically not part of the limited scope of an appeal, but I wouldn’t rule out that it gets mentioned.

No idea, as I do not have a crystal ball into his head, nor do I know the full content of his motion and argument. Maybe that was the most memorable and newsworthy part of a much larger argument. That’s my best guess, which, without having read the motion, witnessed the hearing, or read a transcript, is all I can do.

15 Likes

I agree that it is not professional to call the plantiff Lauren, but maybe there is a personal connection in there and he always thinks of her as Lauren?

Shocking? Berated? I don’t think I would have characterized the story in the same manner. Her dad is going back to prison and dad said his daughter was following same path. So judge let her experience what it was like to have handcuffs for a few moments. She was scared. I hope it sunk in and she doesn’t take the same path as dad.

3 Likes

Don’t federal laws overrule state laws?

2 Likes

According to Google the answer to that question is - YES!

4 Likes

The only “weight” is applied because there are some posters with their heads in the sand believing erroneously that it is only on these threads that Taylor is considered bias. There are hundreds of YouTube posts regarding Taylor’s behavior.

24 Likes

YouTube is rife with people saying he was/is biased. Especially on the live Law and Crime (I don’t remember what it’s called) stream that had comments turned off.

ETA: I see this was already said, apologies for the repeat.

15 Likes

I don’t routinely read the comments in other platforms, but on the couple of occasions that I have done so, I do not think they reflect the majority opinion here.

I disagree with the mob narrative that the mob narrative represents the opinion of 95% of the public.

Look at the article in the Daily Record which states as fact that MB retrieved a handgun from the safe and drove to the farmhouse and shot LK twice in the chest.

I think that’s a better reflection of public perception than the anonymous posting of a bunch of SM nuts in YT.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lauren Kanarek is one of those nuts posting comments on YouTube! :rofl: :rofl:

28 Likes

OK. That’s why I’m puzzled as to why Deininger did not cite those “rules” and instead based his motion on the federal HIPPA law.

I’m assuming Deininger is more familiar with NJ law regarding Krol than you or I.

1 Like

Isn’t Kirby Kanarek (@Seeker1) posting there too?

19 Likes

Yes, I believe she is!

1 Like

Do you know he did not cite those Krol requirements as well as the HIPAA rules?
It seems like talking about Krol hearing requirements has not come up in any of the articles so maybe no one is really wanting to write an article about that stuff. Most people get HIPAA so it makes sense to mention that part.

8 Likes

I can’t wait to see the official, non-Kanarek transcribed transcript to see what actually was said in court. Or should I call “my friend LO” and ask her for a verbatim rundown?

6 Likes