Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

I agree. We cannot allow misinformation to stand alone and unchallenged where truth is so important.

22 Likes

Oh, I would too. What an absolute nightmare.

12 Likes

You do realize that you’re tiresome, right? Do you also realize that his criminal trial is different from his Krol hearings? That his decision to defend himself may have compromised his privacy then but should not now? That the NJ laws around this that I have cited for you numerous times must exist for a reason? Surely you understand all of this

24 Likes

Could this be counter productive–if MB appeals to keep the Krol hearing closed, wont it delay the next Krol hearing until that is resolved (it seems like it already has delayed it)?(edited to add, ok, I see it was delayed the other day because of other reasons relating to getting material to everyone…)

1 Like

Televising the trial was a smart move IMO. Same with the 48 hrs episode. MB was able to tell his story even though he did not testify.

Public opinion really skyrocketed in his favor after the trial and the tv show.

34 Likes

Yeah, Nancy Jaffer’s article says he’s appealing the September ruling. There’s no indication he’s appealing what happened this week.

9 Likes

How very strange to ignore the existence of actual laws and to argue with actual lawyers and legal professionals I can’t wrap my head around how that makes sense.

32 Likes

Now that is funny.

3 Likes

Even after being told this countless times, apparently not.

17 Likes

Didn’t that already happen in a previous case that Mr. B had before Taylor? Which would seem like it could provide a reason why Taylor was already not too keen to see Mr. B in front of him again?

10 Likes

I just had to repost this amazing post by @minnie - now with 94 likes. It is still perfection.

24 Likes

That will be interesting. There is a lot of political activity regarding lack of due process, long incarcerations, and Covid and and other factors affecting health, especially deaths in jail, plus a lot of political activity about people let out of jail or out on bond to lessen crowding then committing crime.

So, through no fault of Judge Taylor on two issues then, court availability and a Krol hearing in open court though the first may influence MB’s appeal. I can see why the response to the complaints was that no problem was found.

If so, it certainly does not seem as if they are helping her case at all, based on their interactions with the people here.

Also, what future??

If LK is not suspended or banned by safe sport/USEF for her egregious behavior towards others, not to mention deliberately weaponizing safe sport against MB and MHG, there is nothing preventing her from showing in the future. Just like any other adult amateur who wants to show.

10 Likes

lol, The Ks and their sycophants don’t do themselves any favors by their posts here.

17 Likes

That appeal was by a public defender, not Bilinkas, over an error on the judge’s instruction, and the person then accepted a plea deal for 20 years instead of 30 years instead of a retrial. It was on 48 hours as well.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

This judge was almost immediately referred for discipline.

7 Likes

After just watching the 48 Hours episode again recently, I was also struck by the fact that those were not actually her horses or her barn, according to later accounts. So the part where she was trying to act as if she had some huge connection with those horses was even more laughable.

32 Likes

In fairness, it was @hut-ho78 who denigrated the legal professionals

7 Likes

That would be good advice for multiple people involved in this whole case.

6 Likes