Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

14 Likes

Had to be Nagel.

9 Likes

There are tax implications too right from the settlement $? Do attorneys get paid overtime on weekends :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

I was going to say, it’s not as much as it sounds. “A quarter million” sounds impressive, until you break it down. It’s certainly more than enough to make a difference in the lives of some people, don’t get me wrong. It’s not about the money though… Right? :wink:

17 Likes

So apparently IM is saying RC “accepted responsibility” for bringing a weapon to NJ that was used in a crime, yet there is zero evidence of who fired that weapon. :thinking:

25 Likes

That’s what I am thinking.

Very very interesting.

If SGF and MB really are where the bulk of the potential financial settlement is likely to come from… it’s awfully curious that Nagel got out when he did.

MAYBE, he took what he could get out of this case, and then extricated himself from the rest of it.

25 Likes

Money from lawsuits is exempt from taxes.

6 Likes

ah gotcha, did not know that, thanks!

4 Likes

Honestly, big tell. I doubt that RC just settled this week….probably been a while. She probably shouldn’t have, and my guess is that since she has never really participated in this process she never really looked at any of the discovery. I bet LK and the family didn’t either……but they probably have now.

This is the result of need to try to feel back in control now that things are spinning out with the latest filing and they realize just what there might be in those files.

20 Likes

Yeah, get your legal eagles to explain how much is actually needed to charge conspiracy.

1 Like

I picture it as RC thinking “well I could keep paying my lawyer for the next x number of years or I can give these people a paltry sum…alright, take it and go away.”

32 Likes

Wouldn’t it have been evidence of premeditation?

Why wasn’t it presented at trial?

ETA: It seems so odd that you are claiming you heard this on tapes, but you also claimed that your daughter was willing to go back and train with MB again at some future point in time. Just out of curiosity… who exactly are you saying told RC to bring her gun to NJ?

28 Likes

I dunno, I think there’s a pretty strong case y’all conspired to ruin a man’s business.

45 Likes

Conspiracy? Is that why there was no guilty plea or finding or conviction for MB at all?

23 Likes

This.

16 Likes

Total projection.

11 Likes

An Ex Party sounds like it might be fun…or miserable. I guess it depends on what your Ex’s are like and why you are an Ex.

But on the topic of the email you sent, I am not the one who called it an Ex Parte communication.
I have to assume that the lawyer, who is acting like a lawyer and not like a person who does not even know the basics of how the court system works (ignoring subpoenas, ignoring court orders, etc) knows the difference between an ex parte communication and someone trying to get something to all the lawyers on the case they are part of and some how knows how to get things to everyone at any other time.
But heck…you do you.

Have you filed a lawsuit against MHG? Isn’t that who you have said to anyone who will listen is responsible?
Is responsibility what you were discussing in those texts…you and your daughter taking responsibility? Because that is not how they read, but I suppose we could all just be reading them wrong, right?

31 Likes

Honestly you’d think someone with a law degree would know better than to put a plan like that in writing.

24 Likes

I’m pretty sure he’s not allowed to talk about MHG online.

Or maybe it’s just his daughter who is not supposed to talk about MHG.

It must be so frustrating for them. They have such a pathological fixation with her.

32 Likes

Don’t lawyers usually take their cut first? At least they got paid

7 Likes