Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

No.

1 Like

Sometimes the truth hurts @CurrentlyHorseless.

6 Likes

I don’t remember her saying it was missing from the safe but rather just missing. My take was she was needling her about MB having it.

Perhaps IM thought “fool” was “an apt descriptor” rather than a random insult. It was characterized as “shit-talking” when he so described someone.

But when posters lob the same kind of labels at me, it’s “an apt descriptor” not “an insult” and merely “cringey” but not “shit-talking”. LOL.

There’s a whole lot of shit-talking going on in this forum. Very little of it from IM. None of it from me.

1 Like

Indeed, @cutter, sometimes the truth hurts.

But if someone is called “obtuse” or “a fool”, does the truth of the label (it it’s true) make it not shit-talking, or does it still count as shit-talking?

1 Like

Please no one respond and just let her have the last word.

24 Likes

Well, to be fair, that behavior does pretty much fit the description of clueless.

15 Likes

If you don’t like it nobody is forcing you to be here. You could just watch and lurk like @Inigo-montoya and @Seeker1

18 Likes

I’m sorry I ever replied in the first place. Shame on me for trying!

This is just plain baiting and goading at this point.

Question asked and answered.
Doesn’t like answer, asks another way. Answered again.
Ask, ask, ask, goad, goad, goad…
Clutch pearls when people call you out on the behavior.

You can ask the question six ways to Sunday, but it doesn’t mean you get to cry foul when people give you an answer you don’t like based on said repetition, goading, and baiting.

35 Likes

This! ^^

11 Likes

It really will not kill the forum to let the questions go unanswered.

32 Likes

I guess you missed the fact that Lauren Kanarek had violated the sanctity of Michael Barisone’s office, and talked about accessing things like contracts. If she accessed those things, what makes you think she didn’t access the safe as well???

Facts matter.

30 Likes

Lesson learned! Even when you attempt to answer thoughtfully and respectfully, you get goaded and baited.

25 Likes

There are some who really are just not worth your time or energy.

13 Likes

Thanks to whomever recommended The Railway Man. I watched it tonight. I had no idea about the history of the surrender in Singapore. It was heavy but quite good.

3 Likes

I was trying (apparently unsuccessfully) to take this question out of the LK/MB universe, as to what the larger implications might be of this case if any. Thank you for your answer. Per your answer, the insane perpetrator/plaintiff, among other things, would have to show victim’s (defendant’s) actions were intentional and malicious.

2 Likes

You are the master. You should know.

Definitely on my list!! Thanks to all the reccos!! (Yours included, @EmilyM!)

2 Likes

Concrete examples, please! I find that quite the accusation. I’d like receipts.

14 Likes

Also…

13 Likes