Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

In a perfect world, we would never hear from @hut-ho78 and @CurrentlyHorseless again.

28 Likes

In a perfect world, we would never once respond to or acknowlege @hut-ho78 or @CurrentlyHorseless again. Not once.

42 Likes

Just finished The Good Place, bingeing The Mindy Project now.

Edited: dang sorry, I hadn’t refreshed the page yet so didn’t see how far behind this response is.

3 Likes

The Good Place is my absolute fave! Talk about a smart show that makes you really think!!! :heart: Haven’t gotten into the Mindy Project. Adding to my list! Grazi!

4 Likes

Twice that I recall I was the subject of oddlyl specific rules.

I rented a house with my son in law, and my granddaughter, a beautiful 1940’s sears and roebuck house in the middle of a gorgeous hay field in CT, with a couple of old apple trees in the field. Neil took Tasha, 2 years old at the time, out into that field to fly a kite, and it got stuck high up in the tree. He was unable to ever get it out, and he got another kite, and it took got stuck in the tree! This landlord was creepy in alot of ways. She had rented us the house, but not the basement, so I could hear her down in the basement often, and she would come into the house from the baswement when we weren’t there. After getting the kites stuck in the tree, she built a fence around the house, a tight fence around the house and said we could not go out into the field, and only could be in the yard inside the fence, which was about 10 feet out from the house, all the way around. Pretty awful, frankly, and we left soon after.

THe rule comes in when we saw her advertise for renters not long after we left, and in the description, she included “no kite flying”. This was rural country, folks. She lived down the road. Very wierd.

The next time I remember, I was the office manager for a guy who was inventing some kind of sound systemt, audio system. He was a micromanager, and would show up at the park where I was with my daughters, show up at the town pool where I was with my daughters, sort of smarming and trying to date me, I guess. I wasn’t interested, and it became clear at one point. Not long after that, at work, he was looking over my shoulder as I typed documents and pointing out mistakes I made as I made them (I would then backspace and retype) and how inefficient that was, and I became frustrated and printed out some sheets to hand-proof the mistakes and fix them that way and he went nuts for the waste of paper, and I blew up and told him to leave me alone to do my work, and he told me to get out of his office which I did happily. Next few days was an ad in the paper for my position to be filled, and included was the phrase “no Pre-Madonnas!” I never forgot that, he was supposedly so educated and worldly, and he didn’t even know what a prima donna was. But there was the rule, made to make sure he never again got a personal assistant/office manager who wanted her own way! No Pre-Madonnas! I guess I was some kind of proto-woman or something. I couldn’t imagine what he thought the term might mean. He was a non-catholic, so maybe in his mind a “madonna” was a holy woman, I can’t put it together, but it sure tickled me.

17 Likes

I can’t believe I had never watched it (The Good Place) before, it was amazing. The first episode I was like, I have no idea what is going on but this is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen :joy:

6 Likes

The Good Place is nothing short of brilliant. It truly is the most creative and original concept I’ve seen in a television comedy. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Thank you @Ambitious_Kate - I love your explanation, the imagery and their emotional ‘pay-off’ - lord knows there’s got to be a reason for their investment.

5 Likes

There was also LK showing the jury how MB supposedly shot her and her switching between right and left hands.

Thank you! This is why no recordings were presented at the criminal trial of course.

Seriously, this has been hashed and rehashed… wiretapping laws exist to keep anyone from bugging anyone else whenever they feel like it.

Thank you!

You do realize not a single recording was entered into evidence in the criminal trial, right?

My stick of deodorant says “for external use only.”… :rofl:

17 Likes

I must have missed the part where MB, MHG, RC, and the hay guy where committing insider trading and LK, the super ninja donned her black veil and bugged the place to catch them and then blow the whistle.

It does not. You cannot decide to break the consent of recording just because you think they might discuss something illegal.

24 Likes

Combine that with the bite to his groin, which would have been difficult for Rosie to reach if he was on the ground under RG, and I highly suspect he was attacked by LK and the dog.

Do you often refer to items with a known location as “missing?”

23 Likes

You should never feel bad for thinking someone sincerely wants an answers to their question.

Most of us are not used to encountering someone who really does not want an answer, only wants to make things annoying for others, so we wrongly think by explaining it some other way that they will actually understand this time and they will stop asking.
We just have to try to remember that for some, the answer is not their goal (as it appears).

I give you an A+ for your wonderful answers and your patience in trying to explain.

28 Likes

Didn’t it come out at one point in this long journey of learning the Kanarek plot that Michael kept things like contracts in that very same safe? So by saying she could access contracts that means Lauren Kanarek was saying she had access to the safe.

#jonathankanarek
#kirbykanarek
#laurenkanarek
#lalapoprider
#liars
#prooftheyareliars
#contempt

20 Likes

“What shall we do to spin their wheels today?”

“Oh, I don’t know. How about saying IM has never lied. That should get them going!”

“OK. Sure. Maybe later we can do the Vera divorce broke thing.”

“We could. Top it with some mens rea stuff.”

“Sounds like a plan!”

22 Likes

With the archived threads it does make it more difficult to just capture what you want and past it in the thread.

Mod 1 pointed out a good trick that takes them right to the post you want them to reference (more reliably than copying the bar at the top and pasting it in).

If you hit the three dots (red arrow, showing three dots in post above the one you wanted), the options will expand to show the little chain symbol (green arrow).

Clicking the chain symbol gives you a pop-up that allows you to copy and paste a direct link to the post.

12 Likes

#goals

Let’s set ourselves a challenge and devise a penalty for whoever falters first :wink:

28 Likes

I’ve truly been wondering about that aspect (paycheck). Maybe they are in the employ of someone who benefits financially by keeping things stirred up here. You know, turning clicks into $$$$.

Or maybe they are ChatGPT, which despite its ability to simulate a chat room, has various limitations, including sometimes writing “plausible-sounding but incorrect or nonsensical answers”. (Wikipedia). :laughing:

9 Likes

Imagine that. The police in the rural lowcountry of SC did a better job of investigating a crime scene than the police in Morris Township NJ. :wink:

14 Likes

Excellent description! :100:

1 Like

Not so much that - since there is statute in NJ for contributory negligence, if the plaintiff has already received an amount toward their total damages, the other parties by default will be responsible for a lesser portion of damages in actual judgement and we will see those amounts in later filings or in the end disposition of the case. If a settling party ends up paying more than their share based on the outcome at trial, then that person has a cross claim for contribution against the other tortfeasers, but the plaintiff cannot receive amounts in excess of their total damages.
From Latta: “Pursuant to the Comparative Negligence Act, the finder of fact must make an allocation of causative fault between settling and non-settling defendants so that the court can calculate the amount of the credit due the non-settler even though the non-settler cannot pursue a claim for contribution against the settler.”

The basic principle is you cannot be made more than whole.

32 Likes