Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Well to be fair anything can do this…

8 Likes

You want them burned??? :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

RG was a hero that day.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are other situations where a lesser known trainer is a paid employee of the barn owner. I think one of my former trainers was being paid a stipend by the owner to manage the farm, train the owner’s horses and give her lessons, and keep the rest of the barn full of paying boarders/training clients. She lived in a small house on the property that was likely part of the deal and also had a health care plan partially paid for by the farm owner. My understanding was that they had added her to their employee roster for their main business, which was a retail chain. There was some scuttlebutt amongst the training clients that the trainer would occasionally accompany the owner to a store here or there to model some product for a photo shoot. I guess that is how they justified claiming her as an employee of the retail business.

3 Likes

I have to say that at first glance, I misread that as incarcerated, but maybe that’s just because of this thread. Lol.

5 Likes

I hope you mean a bologna sandwich.

10 Likes

In the Depp version didn’t he say, “Oh, goodie, they aren’t burning today!” (paraphrasing)? She had to have the dang squirrel at all costs!

3 Likes

I don’t recall! I still prefer ambiguity.

2 Likes

Hey, not all of us. I asked @Inigo-montoya (Jonathan Kanarek) to answer my new question about the texts. Just waiting for him to come back and discuss with us why he thinks making someone homeless is something to laugh about and who was supposed to take care of Lauren Kanarek’s horses if he and daughter made Michael and company homeless?

17 Likes

I guess I can now determine that Morgan will be unhappy when they find out that Dahl’s heirs have changed some of his books to be more modern.

2 Likes

He probably expected them to sleep in the park or something, but still show up for work on time to feed and care for the horses.

In fact, that’s probably exactly what they were actually doing when they were all forced to sleep on the porch outside the barn.

7 Likes

Yeah, that post made me nauseous. My definition of hero would never be Robert Guy Goodwin in any possible scenario. Punk is more like it in my opinion.

Punk: something or someone worthless or unimportant. A ruffian or hoodlum. (ruffian/hoodlum: troublemaker).

22 Likes

Yes, I can’t believe it! So far it is just beginning in the US after being done in Great Britain.

2 Likes

How likely is it that Judge W will get in bright and early tomorrow and post his decisions on the case?

4 Likes

These people don’t think that far ahead when playing their 38D chess. They never consider the repercussions of their actions.

4 Likes

If the toilet is close to the door- it’s very easy to do- the door stays open and the horse creates privacy

3 Likes

Yes and no. I have no problem with dialing back/deleting racist language and mocking the Oompa Loompas and the way he referred to languages that originated in Africa. But I do wish they would have left the rest alone. After all, kids do refer to one another in blunt terms. That is part of why they still appeal to children.

I had NO problem with the Seuss family ceasing to make certain books available. I had a blazing row with one of my parents about it. That parent was convinced the publishers were arm-twisted by some huge outside force. Nope. The family wanted them to cease. Plus they hadn’t been asked to publish more than about a hundred copies for several years prior. Several titles hadn’t been published at all for a decade or so.

I still like the idea of kids wondering if Veruca & her father perished or not. It’s like the question about Schrödinger’s cat. It keeps them guessing.

9 Likes

Oh dear…someone’s head might explode since you dared reference Shrodinger’s cat!!

4 Likes

Am I the only one who had never heard of Schrodinger‘s cat before it came up on The Big Bang Theory?

8 Likes

Ask me which versions of the Grimm’s Fairy Tales I read to my kids.

Hint - not the watered-down pap Disney churned out.

pap
noun
: a soft food (as for infants)

7 Likes