Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

I am not sure I agree that JK was there during the shooting as I don’t think he would have had time to skedaddle before the first officer arrived. (Wasn’t that officer just down the road and arrived within minutes of the 911 call?) And JK wouldn’t have fled the scene - he would have tried to render aid to LK.

But I can totally see that he might have arrived on scene after the incident and was one of the 40-50 people milling around and tramping through the crime scene. And may possibly have been able to “influence” LE regarding the crime scene investigation - which might explain why some of those officers seemed to be squirming a bit on the witness stand.

17 Likes

Question for anybody - does this mean any of the police officers can also be subpoenaed and questioned regarding their practices (vs best practices) or is that a pointless exercise and huge waste of money?

9 Likes

It was funny in a way as I read my threat, mentally dissecting all the erroneous things she wrote. But what infuriated me was that she had the audacity to try and bully me at all, even with that failed effort.

That was indeed a tactical miscalculation.

13 Likes

Yup.

6 Likes

Exactly. They were definitely using it to some end, if not just to be annoying, “you aren’t the boss of me” and break the “barn closes at 9” rule.

6 Likes

…rather than suing the pd for all they should have investigated, but didnt.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there a car parked on the road? I thought I remembered that? And initially I’d assumed it was the man walking the dog.
Didn’t a neighbor call 911 also or was that assumed to be a neighbor, but it was actually ED?

I assumed the man walking the dog was MHGs dad, could he have seen or heard anything useful. Why wasn’t what he witnessed ever shared, he was walking a dog, and I’d assume MB drove right past him to go to the house…

3 Likes

Hmm, I don’t remember about a car parked on the road. But IIRC, there was testimony from one of the cops(?) that there was man in the driveway when he arrived on scene. I don’t remember though if he was near the house, or near the road, or between the house and the barn. And wasn’t there some testimony (or something) that indicated the man was either MHG’s father or a neighbor (I can’t remember which)?

3 Likes

Let me see if I can find some links…

2 Likes

I think it was Dad Haskins.

8 Likes

Yup. The boarders where I work ask and receive all kinds of “favors”.
Because they are nice people, ask nicely, always thank us, and go out of their way to show they appreciate us for the routine things.

11 Likes

Good Lord - I just saw this on a thread in the H/J forum. It makes me wonder if something similar has been happening on the various MB threads. Do we all need to think about changing our passwords? :thinking:

4 Likes

It never hurts to change your password every now and again.

It sounds like it is the log-in issue that the forum has had before, which is less a password thing and more of a software glitch.

6 Likes

Everyone should check their User Control Panel, under the “Preferences” tab, to see what devices have been logged on with your username. Under mine, was an iPhone, which wasn’t mine, logged in some time last year. Apart from that, there was just my regular logged in computer. If you see something you don’t recognize, log out that device and then change your password, by logging out and doing a password reset, with a strong password.

20 Likes

Duck donuts brought into work today.

6 Likes

Ducks make donuts? I thought they just like quackers

:crazy_face:

11 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

:smile: goof ball

The one I picked has sprinkles. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

I keep going back to this part of the statement by Mr. Tarshis in the latest filing:

This so deserves a ‘who does that?’. The Kanarek family seems to get lots of ‘who does that?’.

I mean seriously, the man was enjoying a night out with his friends and they, one at a time came up to him and insisted on talking about the case. So rude. So wrong. So clueless.

32 Likes

There was a father on the scene Pee testimony of LE and RC but it wasn’t JK.